By arrowtopatella - 24/12/2011 05:15 - Australia

Today, my mother was watching me play Pokémon. She walked over to the TV and pulled the plug before ranting about how shameful it is that her 17 year old daughter plays Pokémon. She then sat down at the computer and started playing Farmville. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 459
You deserved it 5 974

arrowtopatella tells us more.

Hey guys, I'm the OP of this FML. I was playing XD- Gale of Darkness, one of my favourites. Alas there is no 'elite 4' as such in the Orre region, I was in the middle of catching a rare Wooper at a PokeSpot which I could have traded for an awesome Larvitar. Sigh. Rich world problems, I know. And yes, shock horror, I am a female that plays Pokemon, le gasp. And also I do play old-school Mario and stuff, I've been a Nintendo fangirl ever since I was little, occasionally migrating to other consoles to play things like Skyrim (No CoD for me though, thank you very much. Blegh.)

Top comments

Unplug the router while she's harvesting.

17 year old girl playing Pokemon? Marry me.

Comments

I thought that was a cartoon!! Seriously still playing kids games is shameful!! My nine year old sister wouldn't even come near that stuff because "its for lil kids"... But yeah ur mum is a hypocrite. But yeah get a job ur obviously wasting ur life!! Or do something fun that won't be a waste. Remember every second is precious so don't waste ur life doing pointless crap!!

You're a hypocrite, as well. How is FML not pointless crap? What's your defense in wasting your life here?

Obviously your mom's the shameful one for dissing on Pokemon and then going off to play freaking Farmville. I'm also a 17 year old girl who plays Pokemon *high five*

Hey guys, I'm the OP of this FML. I was playing XD- Gale of Darkness, one of my favourites. Alas there is no 'elite 4' as such in the Orre region, I was in the middle of catching a rare Wooper at a PokeSpot which I could have traded for an awesome Larvitar. Sigh. Rich world problems, I know. And yes, shock horror, I am a female that plays Pokemon, le gasp. And also I do play old-school Mario and stuff, I've been a Nintendo fangirl ever since I was little, occasionally migrating to other consoles to play things like Skyrim (No CoD for me though, thank you very much. Blegh.)

Airman1988 9

high five for vintage gamers, the new systems just arent the same

OP - I may not play Pokémon because I don't really like it anymore (to each his own), but what your mom did was not only extremely rude, but extremely hypocritical. Pokémon is a LOT better than stupid FarmVille. Teach your mom some respect.

cruforlife 5

Omg and she plays skyrim Marry me please I already have the ring!

MsMeiriona 2

Ring? Don't you mean amulet of Mara?

Did you fail to catch the pokemon because you took an arrow the knee?

Okay, seriously, you need to stop with these details because I'm incredibly attracted to you

austinha11 0

Uh playing Pokemon is way worse. I don't know why kids today think its so cool/cute to play Pokemon and other kids games.

Ugh. I know at least 10 people over the age of 21 that still play Pokemon and love it.

Pokémon is worse than FarmVille? Are you retarded?! You're a disgrace to us gingers.

GoW_Chick 14

Hey he is just a throw back ginger give the rest of us a break.

crchara 3

screw you and that squirrel growing on your face >:o

You are a ******* moron. Pokemon is an RPG with a storyline that makes you catch little critters to dragons to legendary animal. Farmville is just farming. Pokemon is not worse than farmville, get your priorities straight and GTFO!!!!!!!!!

Pokemon is a timeless classic. Farmville on the other hand is horse shit.

Oh, and also, I did approach my mother on her hypocrisy, in which she shrugged off. And my TV/Wii/Gamecube whatever I'm playing are connected at the same power source due to this odd device the Government was trying. So once one is unplugged, the other one is effectively as well.

Does she do what mine does and forces you to send her building materials like mine who has a tantrum if I refuse

hateevryone 14
FYLDeep 25

I know. I don't give a shit about Pokemon or FarmVille. I'm waiting for the MLP video game.

HITide76808 0

I play Pokemon, too, and my mother used to play Farmville. This never happened, of course, but if it had, I would have been downright furious.

biglittlehead 12

I'm 16 and I play pokemon on my 3ds.