By arrowtopatella - 24/12/2011 05:15 - Australia

Today, my mother was watching me play Pokémon. She walked over to the TV and pulled the plug before ranting about how shameful it is that her 17 year old daughter plays Pokémon. She then sat down at the computer and started playing Farmville. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 459
You deserved it 5 974

arrowtopatella tells us more.

Hey guys, I'm the OP of this FML. I was playing XD- Gale of Darkness, one of my favourites. Alas there is no 'elite 4' as such in the Orre region, I was in the middle of catching a rare Wooper at a PokeSpot which I could have traded for an awesome Larvitar. Sigh. Rich world problems, I know. And yes, shock horror, I am a female that plays Pokemon, le gasp. And also I do play old-school Mario and stuff, I've been a Nintendo fangirl ever since I was little, occasionally migrating to other consoles to play things like Skyrim (No CoD for me though, thank you very much. Blegh.)

Top comments

Unplug the router while she's harvesting.

17 year old girl playing Pokemon? Marry me.

Comments

At least Pokemon have cool powers and battles!! FarmVille consists of cows and plowing.

crchara 3

Farmville sucks. POKEMON FOREVER!!!

pokemon's the shit no matter how old you are:D

kaykay20 0

What's so shameful about enjoying a fun game from your childhood? In my opinion it's bad teaching on her part. Enjoy the game if you like it. I still like the video games I played when I was young and would still play them.

Im a 17 year old girl and I play Pokemon all the time. Heck, i was playing it an hour ago. Ive got all the games. if your mom cant accept that pokemon is awesome, then she has a problem.

missalice0306 19

I moved to a city 500 miles away from my old one when I was your age. I did nothing but play Pokemon the entire time we were driving.

ok pokemon on a tv, the pokemon games are hand helds

Wrong. There are a handful Pokemon games that came out on consoles. A few are the Pokemon Coliseum games, Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Snap, and Pokemon Stadium. At least look into it before you go trying to disprove the OP, because you just made yourself look really idiotic.

No marry me! I have big pokeballs and wont squrtle on you ;) plus all theese other people are hoe dittos!!