By arrowtopatella - 24/12/2011 05:15 - Australia

Today, my mother was watching me play Pokémon. She walked over to the TV and pulled the plug before ranting about how shameful it is that her 17 year old daughter plays Pokémon. She then sat down at the computer and started playing Farmville. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 457
You deserved it 5 974

arrowtopatella tells us more.

Hey guys, I'm the OP of this FML. I was playing XD- Gale of Darkness, one of my favourites. Alas there is no 'elite 4' as such in the Orre region, I was in the middle of catching a rare Wooper at a PokeSpot which I could have traded for an awesome Larvitar. Sigh. Rich world problems, I know. And yes, shock horror, I am a female that plays Pokemon, le gasp. And also I do play old-school Mario and stuff, I've been a Nintendo fangirl ever since I was little, occasionally migrating to other consoles to play things like Skyrim (No CoD for me though, thank you very much. Blegh.)

Top comments

Unplug the router while she's harvesting.

17 year old girl playing Pokemon? Marry me.

Comments

Oh the Irony, I hate people like that, if she does that next time, pull the plug on the computer and say the same shit back to her.

IKickPuppiesHard 16

For the love of god tell me you weren't in the middle of the elite four or something. Man they can be hard as hell if you played your cards wrong. ******* poison and double team -_-....

Ah those were the dayS... You get so close then you would burnt or poisoned -_-

Yep and you'd be out of potions or some crap like that and have to start over.

The_Troller 14

Let's not forget how annoying the endless supply of full restores is. Just when you're about to KO their last pokemon, they whip one out and heal.

Snivy102 0

But it always pains me when you pick Squirtle, Charmander has to stay on the desk. Forever.

@-101 I do like how in the newer games (namely Black/White) all three starter pokemon get trainers. I was always so sad that one of the pokemon would be left behind forever. ):

Snivy102 0

I like Charmeleon and Warturtle

Colosseum or Gale of Darkness, darling?

Gale of Darkness. It was the only way to get Lugia.

FarmVille is pretty much the worst thing ever. In fact, I'm now pissed that my iPhone just autocorrected its name.

Regardless how she feels about you playing, her unplugging the TV was extremely rude!

YdoIhaveAchode 4

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...

farmville is lame, and uses so much processing power