By notmuchfun - 20/07/2010 21:17 - United States

Today, my mother continued her lifelong habit of talking to anyone who isn't white in extremely slow, exaggerated "caveman" English. She insists that she isn't being racist, but rather is helping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 444
You deserved it 4 681

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trupe 3

Black guy no like racist mommy. Very offensive

maybe you should start talking to her like a caveman and see how much she likes it....

Comments

kiakia0131 23

Does your mom not realize there are non-white people that were born and raised in the United States? (And English is their main language?)

Well, looks like that's your life goal successfully completed. Now what are you going to do?

bozo92 0

hell its pretty tight that you didnt pick up any of her ignorant ways

Thugnation 0

Maybe we should run a train on her

DarDarAttack 0

My god, I hate it when people do stuff like this. It really tears down your self esteem ):

Jeesh, that's really mean. I hate people that do that. It's mean.

Well maybe if most minorities didn't speak broken English she wouldn't feel she has to do that.

If she said that to me, I would be like "I am a second generation american. Go **** yourself"

first off I would like to say that I am a black woman and that OP's mom might have a point (i only kid, but really.) I honestly have to dumb myself for some of my black friends because they have "ghetto" accents and cant understand a single word of properly spoken english. (they slow their speaking down for me also because I don't understand a word of what they have to say) It's still pretty racist though, lol. Op's mom reminds me of my husbands mother. She puts on this absolutely disgusting "slave accent" whenever she comes in contact with white people. Ugh. The woman who fitted me for my wedding dress was white and I had to spend 3 hours listening to my mother in law hold a grudge toward this poor woman who wasn't even alive when there were slaves (nor was my mother in law!!!) The older generations in EVERY race really don't feel comfortable with other races. (i remember my first boyfriend in highshool. His mother FLIPPED SHIT infront of me because I wasn't asian. His grandmother would never address me by my name only "black girl" in filipino. His dad liked me though, LOL. Maybe it's just the woman. I only kid of coarse.