By roundtherose - 13/10/2013 01:59 - United States - Anchorage

Today, my mom made fun of me because I'm 16 and have never had a boyfriend, then bragged that at my age she was already pregnant with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 672
You deserved it 3 658

roundtherose tells us more.

Thank you everyone for then encouraging words and sympathy for me. I would like to say my mom is one of the greatest people in my life and is very intelligent. She had been dating my dad for 2 years before and they got married and they are still married. She is certainly not a dead-beat mom. I think she was just being spiteful when that happened. She apologized later. She taught me that what she did is not what I want to do in my life. Sure what she said got me down, but outside dating I have a great life!

Top comments

Jokes on her being on MTV ain't an accomplishment

onealmxwilson 18

Just tell her at least you're not a hoe like she was.

Comments

monnanon 13

as much as the mothers comment is assinine the mother could have been married and pregnant at 16 which is why she is bragging. or she could still be with OPs dad now and having a baby that eqrly was right for her. not all teen pregnancies are accidents by silly kids. im not sayig its the right choice but for some it is a choice they make for their lives.

Yeah I don't think so. Her mother teased up about not a having a boyfriend, not a husband. Even if she was married when she had her, why she would she put her kid down about something like that? Getting pregnant at 16 is not an achievement. Her mom sounds like she is very immature, I feel bad for OP.

monnanon 13

so do i and i never said it was an achievement. all i was pointing out is that having kids that early is not always a mistake. sometimes its a concious decision. her making fun of OP not having a bf does not mean that there is no possibility her mother was married at that age. it is the most likely scenario that her mother was not married when she had OP but i am just looking at other possibilities.

You need to have a boyfriend before you have a husband, at least in Western culture. So if she hasn't had a boyfriend of course she'd focus on that, even if she was married. I see her point.

So remind your mother she is in her thirties and could be a grandmother.Get her some old lady clothes, glasses, the whole granny kit. If she wants to be a grandmother then she should start acting like one, otherwise she can be glad you want a life outside of motherhood right now.

Altie 13

Don't make her a grandmother at 32.

Sounds like she's on her period. Just don't drink anything she makes you.

That's okay, I'm 19 and never had a girlfriend. Life is still good, nothing to worry about. (:

Well, isn't that just a great thing to teach your kid?

20 years old and proud of never having a girlfriend. I don't fall into love easily and I can focus on my economical status before my relationship

Yeah and I'm sure she'd be totally happy if you got pregnant this young too.

And the mother of the year award goes to.....