By roundtherose - 13/10/2013 01:59 - United States - Anchorage

Today, my mom made fun of me because I'm 16 and have never had a boyfriend, then bragged that at my age she was already pregnant with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 672
You deserved it 3 658

roundtherose tells us more.

Thank you everyone for then encouraging words and sympathy for me. I would like to say my mom is one of the greatest people in my life and is very intelligent. She had been dating my dad for 2 years before and they got married and they are still married. She is certainly not a dead-beat mom. I think she was just being spiteful when that happened. She apologized later. She taught me that what she did is not what I want to do in my life. Sure what she said got me down, but outside dating I have a great life!

Top comments

Jokes on her being on MTV ain't an accomplishment

onealmxwilson 18

Just tell her at least you're not a hoe like she was.

Comments

sosoram 23

well then brag about how good it feels not to be a teen mom on welfare.

You're in so much of a better situation. That kind of peer pressure is disgusting. Being a pregnant **** that gets around is in no way desirable. Good for you op, ignore her and continue to value yourself bc your opinion is the one you have to live with no matter who is in your life at the time. There is nothing wrong with valuing yourself or not rushing into a situation and anyone who tries to tell you differently never cared for you to begin with.

just shows you have standards and class. that's good for someone these days

incoherentrmblr 21

Well, at least you have better standards than your own mother. Who says mother always knows best? Right...

I'm 18 and have never had a boyfriend. Don't worry about it, OP.

I find ut hard to believe ALL these people bragging about never having a boy/girlfriend are happy about it. They may be proud that they aren't *****. I gad my first boyfriend at 17 (now fiance) but before then I was incredibly lonely and suffering depression.

JustStella 28

I have my first boyfriend at 19 years old, and I wasn't depressed about not having one before that. I always had a dream of marrying the first guy I ever date, and whike I know that's not for everyone, relying on someone else for your happiness is not the norm and can be quite dangerous.

your mom sounds like a bitch. you have your whole life to date people. enjoy not having boy problems while you can. I didn't have a bf until I was 16 as well. it doesn't matter. at least your not knocked up with your life over like her

yeah I am 25 and never had a boyfriend. imagine how I feel