By overdriven07 - 01/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, my landlord asked to borrow my truck to move some furniture. When she returned it, I noticed she had filled the gas tank up. I thanked her for doing so, and she handed me the receipt and said "just add it to next month's rent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 895
You deserved it 3 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy her a birthday present (or Christmas, whatever the hell). When she says how much she likes it, hand her the receipt and say, "Just deduct it from this month's rent."

Are you serious? I"m sorry but I was taught then when you borrow things you return them in the same condition if not better. I always borrow my friend's truck and fill it all the way up regardless of when/where/how long I used it. Even after he tells me I don't have to, it's been ingrained into my head by my parents and I've yet to meet someone that didn't like the gesture.

Comments

the_stereotype 0

Get the tires replaced, make her pay for it, because it was her heavy weight that wore them out. Now, if you want to imply something with that sentence, you have my blessing.

phanatic62 0

Others have made a good point: just don't pay her back. Nothing in your lease covers a situation like this, so she can't evict you. Plus why should you have to pay for gas SHE used? If she got the truck with the tank half empty she should have filled it back up to that point. Of course not paying her will probably piss her off, causing her to look for a legitimate reason to evict you, so be careful. Regardless, this isn't an FML or a YDI. Why has this site become a forum for people to complain about stupid shit happening in their lives?

this site has always been a place for people to complain about stupid shit that happens in their lives

That is literally what this site is for

rosemary_fml 5

I hope you know that you do not legally owe that money. If I were you I would charge the going rate for however long she "rented" your truck. ****** bitch

Make up a receipt for the rental fee, mileage charge, airport fee, local sales tax, state sales tax, federal excise tax, death tax, etc. and make sure it is WAY more than the gas cost. Deduct the difference from your next month's rent check which should contain both receipts. She'll say she didn't know you charged for your truck, so she assumed it was free. Then, you tell her that you didn't ask her to fill up the gas, so you assumed it was a gift. Plus, it's the right thing to do when you borrow someone's vehicle.

fun fact, plexico, back in the day (which was was a wednesday, by the way), they did not have trucks to orrow, and did not refill anything with gas. they borrowed other forms of transportation and filled them up with slightly different liquids "...Cause Justice is the one thing you should always find You got to saddle up your boys You got to draw a hard line When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune And we'll all meet back at the local saloon And we'll raise up our glasses against evil forces singing whiskey for my man, beer for my horses..."

Doing that to a horse is illegal these days. ;)

Add the amount she spent on the gas then deduct how much it would have cost her to rent a truck and see what she has to say about that.

darkblue_13 0

That is really rude of her, but I wouldn't really say its an FML. I mean you probably would have filled the tank anyways and now you don't have to waste the time getting gas.

Drowned 0

Get rid of the reciept. No way can she prove it then.

LandLord (or lady) can make your life a living hell. Best not to piss them off.