By Anonymous - 05/07/2015 09:29 - United States - Beaverton

Today, my idiot boss placed an expensive order for anti-bullying banners that read: "Take a stand against bullying!" This would be fine if I didn't work in a specialized school for children in wheelchairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 091
You deserved it 1 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess that's just how he rolls.

That reminds me of my dad's terrible slogan that he came up with in high school for a project. "employ the handicapped, they won't walk off of the job"

Comments

Yeah ... sounds like you are being way over sensitive. That's a completely different use of the word stand and not related to standing up.

That's not a big deal. It's not meant to be rude and people need to loosen up about being PC all the time.

You know it's an expression, right? Any sane and healthy in their mind person, will understand what is meant by this and that no one is making fun of disabled people. Stop being so over-sensitive and politically correct... :/

The children are probably smart enough to understand the message and not worry too much about the irony.

I don't see the problem. Kids in wheelchairs get bullied too.

meh, they know what he means. sure it's not politically correct, but people need to stop getting offened over everything under the sun. grow some thicker skin ppl.

It's a common expression, hopefully they will be fine with it.

That's probably not the best way to put it. It's just a figure of speech but children are often more literal than adults so they might get confused and upset by the phrase.

snoedog88 2

"Taking a stand" does not mean to physically stand up. It means to take a position against some thing or someone that is mean or offensive.