By Anonymous - 17/04/2009 13:44 - United States

Today, my husband of three years told me he only proposed to me because his favorite football team was winning and he had been drunk. I had our second child three days ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 93 517
You deserved it 5 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i hope when he said this to you he added something along the lines of "i'm so lucky i did"

What is the problem here? he got to get drunk and watch his team win, you got the ring. you're obviously still together. it seems to me like good things happen when he's drunk. go out and get him a case of beer and ask him for a new house. you got this champ

Comments

aww come on you guys, she was deceived. ever heard of the saying love is blind? it can make you do some pretty stupid things. i think everyone has to admit its pretty insensitive...how would you feel if youre significant other basically said your relationship was based on a drunken decision? the real fml is the fact that the guy could easily have called it off by saying it WAS only a drunken rant, but he didnt and here she is three years and two kids later...

SmexxiHunny 0

Very true #46 LMFAO!!! #6 xD

ragtopday 0

get a good attorney....and LOTS of childsupport! Unless, of course, he was coming clean because now he really really loves you and feels guilty...then you get a NEW CAR!!

that_guy321 2

look at it this way, if you've had two kids with him, he obviously wants to stick around now at least. or he's too lazy to get a divorce.

That's a bit insensitive. Haven't he heard about post partum? You need to pray together.

#34 is right. He may have been drunk or whatever, but was he also drunk for the entirety of your engagement and at your wedding? He could have backed out at any moment, but instead he weighed his decision (I hope) and decided it was a good one. I don't see how everyone here seems to think he's the biggest asshole in the world.

HRaeH 0

You know...with a dick like that, you can raise those kids on your own, thereby granting them a chance for a normal, decent life. That, and the chance to not be an ass like their father.

oh honey, i am so sorry - what a prick. let's see if his favorite team is playing, and he's drunk when you take half, alimony, and child support.