By ALLALA - 04/04/2009 23:34 - Canada

Today, my husband and I were watching TV. An info-mercial came on for a diamond cross necklace that had the lord's prayer engraved inside of it. As the commercial ended I said, "who in their right mind would actually buy that?" Turns out, my husband would, for our anniversary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 970
You deserved it 24 377

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This looks familiar... maybe I moderated it. Anyway, it's the thought that counts. Apologize for insulting the gift, and tell him you'll treasure it because he gave it to you, even if you don't like it too much. I'm sure that'll make him forgive you.

KwitIt 0

I agree with #1, but if you want to REALLY save your butt, you can lie and say that the only reason you said that was because you didn't think he could afford something like that and you didn't want him to feel bad? Though I don't always condone lying, I think that could help.

Comments

Hey, I know how you feel, that thing looked ******* retarded, NYF.

Most men, I think, don't have the best taste in jewelry. Maybe he thought it was pretty. He obviously though you'd like it if he bought it for you. Some people get their loved ones items like that with the sentiment that it will keep you safe, like angels looking out for you or something. (It's just the sentiment, the idea, don't start jumping down my throat about this being ridiculous, I didn't come up with the idea.) I'd be happy he was thoughtful enough to get anything.

maryfofary 0

Don't worry. I said the exact same thing when that commercial came on. Those things are hideous!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
ZiggyMorrison 0

that necklace doesnt even have the FULL Lord's Prayer on it, even though the commercial says it does! LIARS! LYING ABOUT THE LORD'S PRAYER!!!!

anlhawks 5

oh aw really that sucks! those stupid people probably don't even believe in God they are probaby just trying to scam us Christians

Vagabones 0

Your husband has shitty tastes.

no this is an fml... not b/c of what u said about the necklace but b/c your husband is a nut & payed $40 for that piece of polished scrap metal

#16 Hey, it's the thought that counts! Lol