Rich people problems

By Anonymous - 02/09/2021 05:01

Today, I got a gift from my wife. It was a beautiful watch. The same exact watch I'd sold to our local jewelers for 6k. She bought it for 10k. When I told her, she said, "Hmmm, I thought it looked familiar." There goes 4K from our joint account. I could’ve thought of 4000 ways to spend that money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 912
You deserved it 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nhayaa2.0 17

If you can afford to pay 10k for a watch, you don't need the 4k. Or you have recent money issue and you should tell your wife to stop spending the money you know longer have. In both cases, who the f*ck spends that much on a watch?

fmylife2903 6

You deserve it simply cause you should’ve told (and shown) your wife about selling that watch in the first place.

Comments

Nhayaa2.0 17

If you can afford to pay 10k for a watch, you don't need the 4k. Or you have recent money issue and you should tell your wife to stop spending the money you know longer have. In both cases, who the f*ck spends that much on a watch?

Major Ahull 3

Maybe you should've asked for a threesome.

question... how is it a gift from your wife if its coming from a joint account? 🤔

most married couples only have joint accounts

fmylife2903 6

You deserve it simply cause you should’ve told (and shown) your wife about selling that watch in the first place.

Like, get one of everything from the Dollar Store?

If $4000 seems like a lot of money to you, maybe you're not wealthy enough to be wearing a $6,000 to $10,000 watch. It's a signal to show people how rich you are.

Kind of an even more bummer version of “The Gift of the Magi” by O. Henry (Google it). Most couples put a limit on spending either can make from a joint account without consulting the other - For any type of purchase. OP you and you wife need to do that - It would saved a lot of money! You and wife are due for some honest discussion on your financial situation and planning.

and to think, you didn't think to tell your wife. ydi