By jkl54 - 01/04/2009 00:07 - United States

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the mall. We were looking at jewellery in Zales and she came across the engagement rings. She looks at one and says, "Are you kidding me? That ring is hideous and it's the most expensive one here! Who the fuck would buy that?" Well, that would be me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 863
You deserved it 6 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Return and exchange! Choose one she liked! If she has to wear it her whole life it better be something she doesn't think is "hideous".

Comments

Return and exchange! Choose one she liked! If she has to wear it her whole life it better be something she doesn't think is "hideous".

She was probably just saying it was hideous because she thought she could never get it, little did she know..I'd return it and get her something she likes, hey if it saves you the money!

HAHA i had a similar incident with my fiance. I bought here a heart cut engagement ring, because the first ring i ever gave her was a heart amethyst. Before i could ask her, she told me she thought a heart cut diamond would be ugly. She liked it the ring when i finally popped the question.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Why is she nasty & ungrateful? The OP doesn't say, but I'm assuming his girlfriend didn't know that he'd bought her that exact same ring. Maybe if she had known, she'd have been more tactful. People should really do their research before they go blowing a chunk of their wages on an engagement ring. Find out from her friends & family, or if all else fails, propose anyway & then go ring-shopping together! That also gives you an excuse to show what good marriage material you are by holding her bags, treating her to extra little gifts, etc.

melliemoo17 6

yay #8 but ask her what her favorites are before you go buying things like that

tpm45 25

Generally the proposal is supposed to be a surprise... And generally you have the ring at the proposal.

Note to men: if you don't know your girlfriend's taste or are bad at picking out jewelery, bring their mom/sister/best friend along when you're shopping for one...