By Anonymous - 21/04/2009 15:15 - United States

Today, my husband and I were looking for a new house. The open house we were in had a strange floral scent to entice the buyers. I am three months pregnant and have horrible morning sickness. I threw up all over the living room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 243
You deserved it 4 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I can understand some other stuff, but how the hell did they deserve this?

Socrates_fml 0

Comments

Embarrassing, yes. FMYLife? Naw, you're a pregnant woman. They are a real estate agent. I'm sure this wasn't that big of a deal.

People who do that are trying to cover up a bad odor anyway. They should know better - pregnant people are usually the biggest demographic of potential buyers anyway.

wowfmlife 0

i hope you liked the house or you'll be buying a new carpet for some other lucky people

deliciouskaek 1

Seriously, though, they should know better than to have strong scents like that. You don't have to be pregnant to have a reaction. Some people are sensitive, and some people have allergies. The RE agent should have known that.

...and the moral of the story is "never get pregnant". Just kidding; I understand that (almost) anyone seeking a new home should try to check it out. Dealing with chemical sensitivity is tough, too. Did you just stand around taking it until you burst, or did you "drop everything" within a very few seconds? Also, get tested/evaluated for hyperemesis gravidarum. It's Medical for "when I'm knocked up, I vomit a lot".

effyoubitch 5

I had that. I was in the hospital 4 times for dehydration and was not even 3 months. 1 day away from being 3 months and I had a miscarriage and lost so much blood I had to be hospitalized again. Horrible :(

josface 0
tash14 1

I agree with 16. I'm not pregnant, but chances are I'd have gotten a terrible headache in that house (strong scents always do that to me). Maybe now they'll get rid of it! Did you like the house otherwise?

MKaiii 0

Uhm cool number 11? And this wasn't even an FML, sorry