By holymoly - 05/09/2012 06:12 - Canada - Calgary

Today, my grandparents took me out for dinner for my birthday. After singing, "Happy birthday dear..." they froze. I had to say my own name because they'd forgotten it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 482
You deserved it 1 978

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Atleast they remember your bday... How did they remember your birthday if they don't know your name anyway o.o

Comments

It's normal. My grandma calls me by my uncles name then gets frustrated when I don't notice that she's attempting to get my attention.

Sorry, but that sometimes happens when you get old - My grandma has senility, and the other day she forgot the name of her late husband. Granted, he has been gone for 25 years, but she spent all of her life with him.

#33 "Happy birthday to yoouuuu..." er, who?

Happy birthday, OP! Congrats on having kind grandparents, even if their memories slip at awkward moments. Happens in my family, too.

My grandmother forgets my name all the time. It just comes with old age. Don't take it personally, They're doing good to remember your birthday! :)

They are older and memory tends to leave people at an older age. How about you to stop being such a douche and appreciate that they took you out and love you. Maybe be more compassionate? I'm sure they are embarrassed, you jack ass!

muhrissaa 4

OMG Happy Birthday! Today is my birthday too! :) Anyways, sorry OP. That really sucks. Hopefully that wont happen again next year... or ever.

DylansMomma 9

Your comment : No need to complain, OP. Free food trumps everything.

vero559 7

At least they remembered ur bday and at least u have grandparents. Mine are all dead. :(