By NordicNathan - 14/03/2016 04:49 - Canada - Burlington

Today, my girlfriend of two months and I are in completely different points in our lives. She ambushed me with ideas of having kids, getting married and being together forever. Currently, my biggest concern is passing the tenth grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 299
You deserved it 2 757

NordicNathan tells us more.

Hey, I'm the author of the FML. So to clarify I just turned 16, she just turned 17 and is in the 12th grade. I've had my doubts about our relationship for a while because of how incompatible we are as people, but her talking about what she wants to name our kids and how cute they will be was kind of the last straw for me. She said "I love you" after our second time seeing each other and after she had already cheated on me, so I definitely hear all the comments about telling her my concerns and/or breaking up with her. But she cries at the drop of a hat and is what I would consider emotionally unstable, this is also the reason I didn't break up with her after she cheated on me. I wasn't raised to make people cry so I tried to be understanding in the situation. She is so bad that she is still crying about her previous boyfriend while telling me that I'm the best boyfriend ever. So I don't know how to break it to her without crushing her. Any ideas?

Top comments

Not a bad boyfriend. Just a boyfriend that has his priorities straight.

I'm glad for once someone has their priorities straight

Comments

williemc22 10

I'm definitely with you man don't worry about all that now you have plenty of time for that enjoy life

Sounds like she needs a cold slap of reality. Have a serious talk with her and explain that you have absolutely none of that on your mind right now. If she doesn't get it, dump her. Try to let her down easy, though, and don't think too harshly of her. She may very well be crazy, or she might just be immature and will grow out of it by the end of highschool. You'd be surprised how many girls your age think they're going to marry their current boyfriend.

^This. Maybe even ask your parents for advice. They should be understanding that you're uncomfortable with discussing things like marriage and kids at your age. Definitely talk to her about this, though. It's not good to lead her on, and let her keep thinking you're ok with this. One of the key aspects of a good relationship is communication.

Michaelaarnett 22

Yeah. I agree with you. My last girlfriend was like this. She broke up with me because I wasn't going to be a good daddy to her children. Girls like that don't realize that men don't think about that stuff until they are older.

You're right on the money. Stay the course you are on and finish school, get financially stable, and then think of marriage and kids.

TMO2142 25

been there. done that. got out of it. fast.

she wants you to do high schools with her child ;)

cornwallus24 8

RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING!

I say once 1 if not the both of you have a stable job why not so I would say she should ask again in 10 years