By NordicNathan - 14/03/2016 04:49 - Canada - Burlington

Today, my girlfriend of two months and I are in completely different points in our lives. She ambushed me with ideas of having kids, getting married and being together forever. Currently, my biggest concern is passing the tenth grade. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 299
You deserved it 2 757

NordicNathan tells us more.

Hey, I'm the author of the FML. So to clarify I just turned 16, she just turned 17 and is in the 12th grade. I've had my doubts about our relationship for a while because of how incompatible we are as people, but her talking about what she wants to name our kids and how cute they will be was kind of the last straw for me. She said "I love you" after our second time seeing each other and after she had already cheated on me, so I definitely hear all the comments about telling her my concerns and/or breaking up with her. But she cries at the drop of a hat and is what I would consider emotionally unstable, this is also the reason I didn't break up with her after she cheated on me. I wasn't raised to make people cry so I tried to be understanding in the situation. She is so bad that she is still crying about her previous boyfriend while telling me that I'm the best boyfriend ever. So I don't know how to break it to her without crushing her. Any ideas?

Top comments

Not a bad boyfriend. Just a boyfriend that has his priorities straight.

I'm glad for once someone has their priorities straight

Comments

**** her hard !! She will forget about kids

Dude, that is the exact opposite of what you do in these types of situations

stevenbro 6

This was a thumbs down but I did laugh out loud when I read it because it was so stupid. Must have been the wine.

Or she'll poke holes in the condom and make her delusional dream come true.

This wouldn't be a problem if you weren't 27

MamaChey 24

If OP weren't 27? & in 10th grade? I guess 3rd grade was the best 10 years of his life, huh?

Only 2 months of dating at 27 would still be a problem.

#12- don't use double negatives in a sentence.

She's out of her damn mind planning like that before she's 25. Bail, man. Bail fast. Get out now!

Are you saying that anyone under the age of 25 shouldn't be having kids? If so, that's kind of a bold thing to say. You don't know where people's maturity level is at and where they are in their life. Some could be ready before 25 and some ready after 25. Also, I do think that OPs girlfriend is probably just fantasizing but if it makes him uncomfortable he should talk to her about it.

You should at least try to wait until you are financially stable on your own, it's not all about maturity. How many teens do you know who are financially stable enough to plan a kid?

Run! Run for your life man! Run like hell!

ulissey_fml 22

You've know each other for only two months ? In any kind of relationship she would sound immature and possessive. Because you are not even in college the whole thing sounds really ridiculous.

......she needs to calm tf down lol

ndnpride88 25

Oh damn be careful with that one she may try to keep you from pulling out...IF YALL GO THAT FAR

mariri9206 32

Which is just one reason you should always use protection. Another reason is because pulling is not exactly the most effective method or even a good method.

Oh wow, wrap it up, and keep the same level headedness you have right now! Good on you :)!

DeadxManxWalking 27

The most important thing you can do in life is graduate (at a minimal) from high school to be able to get a job and provide for yourself. You want to enjoy life, not be constantly stressed.