By 404: Sanity Not Found - 27/01/2016 15:35 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, my girlfriend made a patronising post on Facebook, "to all you guys out there" saying how having sex with a drunk person is straight-up, 100% rape. I pointed out that she's had sex with me several times after I've come home drunk. That pissed her off. Now I'm single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 317
You deserved it 5 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tarlax 11

Oh yeah, that's what we call "pulling a Schumer". You'll be happier in the long run without that kind of craziness in your life.

I kinda like it when hypocrisy slaps people in the face like that.

Comments

Well as long as you did not say it on Facebook I don't see the problem

Hey, I hope you're okay. I was raped when I was 13, I'm sure what she said isn't true.

You're better off someone that stupid isn't worth your time.

John amd Jane get drunk. John and Jane have sex. Could Jane give consent? Did John?

Neither could consent if they were too drunk to make sound decisions.

In the state of oklahoma john is responsible for both him and jane and would get charged with rape.

Legally she's correct. You cannot consent to sex while drunk/high/under the influence. She is also a hypocrite though so she can't act holier than anyone else as she is guilty also.

do u mean passed out drunk or just I had 2 beers and a shot drunk

passed out drunk should be an automatic no

I agree to a point. Unless it's been talked about while sober. Ever woken up to a ******* or sleepysex or being fondled/warmed up? That'd be rape if it was a hard line. But realistically, is that a continuation of the previous night's consent, or is that a whole new act that requires a whole new negotiation? She liked it, she stayed, she started it. I don't feel like I was raped. I feel that she's into me enough to stick around, and interested enough to start something in the morning. Why would I let someone I slept with willingly last night sleep in my bed if I didn't trust them not to rape me? Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not an apologist. I'm just saying there is a huge situational grey area that varies from person to person and couple to couple. When in doubt... COMMUNICATE.

#37 - best response on the page so far.

Personally 37 I don't think that waking up a significant other up with oral is rape, not in all cases at least. I know I personally like to wake up that way, however if they aren't comfortable with it then they should talk about it before hand

If you are impaired, that includes drunk, high, hallucinating, and a whole range of other things, you can't give consent. You don't have to be blackout drunk, just having had enough to alter your perceptions or judgement.

leogachi 15

@92 Those same altered perceptions and judgements make you decide it's okay to drive drunk and you have to be responsible for that. Why don't you have to be responsible for yourself when you have sex?

In order to drive drunk, you consent to drinking and getting behind a wheel. However for drunk sex, there is a high chance that one party did not in fact consent. Many, many guys use drunk girls as basic blowup dolls and use "she was drunk" as proof of consent when she wakes up the next day. I would know, my brother is one of those assholes

It's ok op you dodged a large bullet! People can't handle their own bullshit after it has been disproven.

Mathalamus 24

she has a point. if you cannot offer informed consent, then nothing should happen. i am big on the issue of sexual consent, to the point where i am predictably annoying about it. but at least its clear.

From what I can figure out by analyzing things with logic, is that if two peopel are drunk, the first one who complains to the cops isn't the rapist. And that's the problem. Consent isn't a single hard line. It's fluid and what is consent for one isn't consent for all. It's about knowing your partner and being willing to back off and communicate. At the end of the day, it's all about communication and trust. Violate those, and you're probably on the wrong side of things.

That's the type of person who gives feminists a bad name. Hate people like that.