By Muralove - 14/05/2015 02:55 - United States - Matawan

Today, my friends told me they will be unable to attend my birthday party on Friday because they'll be watching the Vampire Diaries finale. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 556
You deserved it 3 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

oyevey45 12

Well that's a scheduling issue on your end. However they do know about DVR, right?

Why would they need to dvr something that comes on a THURSDAY to go somewhere on FRIDAY. Op just has shitty friends.

It's not the worst thing that could happen. Turn on your TV and watch the suffering of people around the world, there are some people (and those constitute a considerable chunk of the world population) that will never get to know what a birthday is from poverty or war that the U.S usually happen to have a finger in, but that's a different story... Perhaps if you get to know those people it will be a sobering wake up call for you. If you want to relate more look in our own backyard!

31- That whole "you aren't allowed to be sad because there are people who are worse off than you" thing is just a ridiculous outlook. It's like saying "you aren't allowed to be happy because there are people who are better off than you". I think OP's allowed to feel upset that her own friends don't want to come to her birthday party.

Thank you #31. I recently told someone the same exact thing.

#44: Of course she's allowed to be happy, nobody has denied her that and no one ever will or can but your self righteous cliché defense of her - right to express and feel- is a proof that the problem isn't the lack of communication which will fail with you 100% of the time. The msg is broaden your horizon, don't linger on trivialities, life will throw exponentially more difficult obstacles at you. Kids today get a tropy for crossing the street. The bar has never been set any lower, and the motivational words 'suck it up, and carry on' are out of the parenting vocabulary. Adults and kids alike are often disappointed at not getting what they haven't earned. By all means be sad that your friends didn't show up to your party and traded it to watch a mediocrity but if you're birthday isn't not worth skipping an unrealistic discounted crap drama then you're with the wrong crowd... Try to grasp in your easy bake oven head, #44, that a birthday is not worth celebrating with people not worth befriending!

You sound like one of those kids in high school who knows some big words and tells everyone not to conform. How about you sit down and don't tell people what they should be happy or sad about. Go find a soapbox for your misguided rants, but keep it off FML. OP is allowed to be sad that her friends want to watch TV instead of be with her. People are allowed to be sad.

81- Haha "easy bake oven head", I haven't heard that one before. Anyway, clearly I just misinterpreted your comment. Easily done. It was a very misinterpretable comment.

cont.: I'm not sure how "Turn on your TV and watch the suffering of people around the world" translates to "a birthday is not worth celebrating with people not worth befriending!"

brendejafulable 41

work the finale into your party.

Shipley18 17

Deal with it. The finale is more important then the party.