By argh - 03/03/2012 00:14 - Australia

Today, my friend told me how she crept out last night to hook up with her boyfriend. At one point, she said she "snack" out, so I corrected her by saying it's "snuck". My boyfriend snorted, showed us in a dictionary that it's actually "sneaked" and called us "fucking idiots". FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 424
You deserved it 32 222

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Both are acceptable. "Snuck" is more common, in my experience. It's like "hung" and "hanged." Hung was actually added to the dictionary later, as many people thought "hanged" sounded awkward and improper.

erikabt820 2

Comments

I say hit him in the face with the page 'snuck' is on.

shortvirgo13 7

It's called a perfect past particible, sunk is a perfect past particible while sneaked its past tense for instance write, wrote, written, written is a particible. Illiterate bastards.

shortvirgo13 7

It's funny when you correct someone and then you realize your mistake. Remove sunk Insert snuck FML.

get over it, he obviously didn't really mean it.. How is this FML worthy?

Both are correct due to the different types of English - British and American. I'd take a guess and say your in America and your boyfriend used an American English dictionary. Snuck would be the most accepted form for the paste tense of sneak. I think your boyfriend needs more educating.

jerseyboy732 16

Says the person who uses the wrong your? I'd proofread any disparaging comments a little more carefully.

And paste tense? Really? Talk about needing more educating.

Forgive me for doing this on my iPod, with small keyboard and auto correction. I really should of double checked it but I guess as a perfectionist that you would always do this yourself? Still doesn't take away from the point I was trying to make, and also that I was making the girl feel better in that she was right.

How was the remark wrong? I was letting the girl know that she was correct, and not an idiot as her boyfriend said. Also, I guess I should of wrote the comment on my laptop instead of an iPod with small keyboard and autocorrect. Well next time I will double check so that I don't upset anyone :-) Still, I think I made the point I was trying to say.....that both ways are correct.

Ive always used snuck as an American... Sneaked sounds too messy to really fit the described behavior.

Maybe the GF snuck out for a snack. :-)

BellaMarta 19

Could be either... "snuck" is the past participle of sneak.

perdix 29

The good news is only your friend is the ******* idiot. "Snuck" is fine, especially in casual speech, but "snack" is utterly moronic.

GoW_Chick 14

Looks like someone needs to pay attention while school house rock is on.... Oh they don't play that anymore? Well damn, why the hell not?!

Blah, sounds like my English teacher. Snuck isn't a word to him.. Very annoying.