Stay Safe!

By middleagednurse - 18/03/2020 17:00

Today, the cruise that I was looking forward to for over a year was cancelled due to the coronavirus. Trying to salvage what was left of my vacation, I booked a hotel for a few days near a local beach. They just announced that the beach was closed and the hotel is refusing to refund my money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 679
You deserved it 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your cruise was cancelled, everything else is about to be cancelled too, so why not wait until things are safe again, and then figure out what to do?

How do you close a beach? Do they drain the ocean and vacuum up the sand? Tell your credit card company to not pay the hotel.

Comments

Cruises suck anyway. Right now we all have to hunker down, so no sympathy here sorry!

How do you close a beach? Do they drain the ocean and vacuum up the sand? Tell your credit card company to not pay the hotel.

Yeah i'm pretty sure you can just contact your CC company for a charge back due to the outbreak. And hotels WILL let you cancel, just usually for a fee. If you're cancelling within 24 hours or the day of though, they will charge you one full nights stay.

sourgirl101 28

When you book a hotel you need to agree to a contract. You really should have read the cancellation terms especially since the next few months are unclear. Who knows maybe you could have gotten ill too? However, most hotels will give you credit for another booking if you’re not an ass about it. Many will work with you. They want good reviews.

If your cruise was cancelled, everything else is about to be cancelled too, so why not wait until things are safe again, and then figure out what to do?

rotflqtms_ 21

You really shouldn't be going to the hotel and public gathering places anyway. Call your credit card and tell them that you need to cancel the hotel fee because the outbreak closed down the area and attractions and you won't be able to use the hotel services. They may be able to help you out. I don't think it's fair to have to pay for something you can't use. Sucks for the hotel, but still it's a matter of public safety.

Susan Yee 9

call your CC and do chargeback (force refund/credit).

I don't even feel sorry for you. Traveling right now is just down right selfish. Who cares if you pick up and pass on the virus to those with weakened immune systems. As long as you get your vacation, right??