By Anonymous - 08/10/2010 18:33 - Canada

Today, my friend asked me how I did on my test. I got an 85%. She asked me what my secret was, and I said "I'm just smart". She replied, "No you're not. How did you pull it off?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 947
You deserved it 6 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An 85? That's not that great. Most people I know get above 95.

If she's impressed by an 85, clearly she's the dumb one.

Comments

In college I took a nuclear theory class; it was graded on a curve and the highest grade (got an A) was 53%. For the semester.

NancyDeebensDPDS 0

uh you think 85% is good? my parents would KILL me if I got an 85, I need to get all A's and a GPA of 4.0 or they yell. I still love them!!

I bet you are stupit only in your mind your not

To all those saying that 85% isn't a good grade - it depends on the exam and the level. Also, if it's a subject the OP is good at or not. At uni here in the UK a 1st class degree is 70% or higher, 2:1 60%, 2:2 50%, 3rd class 40%. Below 40% you fail. Some courses have slight variations on that but that's true. Depending on the module I'm happy with anything over 60/65% overall. One of my modules I'll just be happy to pass because the lecturer is unhelpful but the others I'd be unhappy if I got below 65% overall. It just depends on the level and abilities of the student.

ArielTheMermaid 17

that's like a C+. not that impressive

If you looked at some of the other comments then you'd see that grades aren't the same everywhere. (Post #79 explains grades for where the OP is from.)

gan4sula 2

........…... you guys need to think about relative measure rather than absolute measure damn kids

joke, it's called a joke. ever heard of one?

sad how hundreds of fmls don't make it to the site everyday, then an fml like this, does.