By Anonymous - 27/07/2012 21:23 - Romania - Bucharest

Today, my fiancée's OCD hit a new low when she screamed at me for flicking the light-switch off "the wrong way". This led to her flicking it on and off about a dozen times, followed by a twenty-minute lecture on how to do it "properly". We're getting married next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 131
You deserved it 9 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Make sure you request lots and lots of light bulbs on your wedding registry!

Comments

stewpididiot 11

No matter how hard I try, I can never get that goddamn light switch to stay in the middle.

TheSofaKing 7

Do everything wrong and see if she has a mental breakdown.

unknown_user5566 26

I hope you're kidding, because that's ****** up.

You are an ignorant asshole and a terrible person. OCD is an illness. She has no control over it, and you shouldn't be judging her and posting online about how your life sucks because the person you chose to be with isn't freaking perfect. Be ******* supportive, take her to see a psychiatrist, maybe get her some medication. OCD that severe can inhibit a normal lifestyle. This is so much worse for her than it is for you so quit being a whiny douche and be a decent freaking fiancée.

peachyFML 17

Firstly, he's a guy, so it's fiancé for him. Secondly, like someone already pointed out, he may be posting this on the Internet to help cope instead of blowing up in her face.

sylar88_fml 1

If you love her get her psychiatric help, MEDS can help those with OCD problems in the the mean time try to eliminate her triggers that sets her off like by turning off the light switch on or off when she isn't looking. Everyone has issues so dont follow people's advice to dump her, just follow your heart and things will work out

Ixi_the_pixie 11

Turn off the light and run!

Oh my god, my boyfriend used to be that way about the channels on t.v and in which order to change them. He is much better now and doesn't have any of his bad symptoms because he takes medication for it. Still I can't imagine my life with out him, n people with OCD actually know that their fears are irrational they jus sadly can't control it, they often get to anxious to admit it, I watched my boyfriend deal with it and it crushed him sometimes, still I never gave up on him and trust me it truly is worth it loving someone while accepting their flaws. If the person is worth it no matter what nothing stands in the way of being with them.

Whilst that does suck, you are aware that she has OCD. I won't say be more careful - it seems this is something new so you couldn't have foreseen it but just bite your tongue. Find a way to deal with the rants yourself, get her some extra help if she needs it and try to take time to do stuff you both enjoy so good stuff still happens in the relationship too. Good luck.

Ashley0911 8

Sounds like y'all will have an interesting marriage. Good luck op!