By likesboys - 19/05/2010 12:00 - Canada

Today, my entire family thinks I'm a lesbian. I'm straight. I'm embarrassed and don't know how to tell them that I've been single for so long because I can't get a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 950
You deserved it 4 970

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's ok hun. I'm 17 without a boyfriend...ever. just look on the bright side, when you get a bf it will be even more special. =)

Comments

aznpopgrl02 0

same here.. been called a lesbo because i never had a bf till high school sophomore year..but my family didnt know cuz i kept it a secret..lol!

Wow #76, people assumed you were gay because you couldn't get a boyfriend, before you even started high school? What the heck is wrong with people?

"why doesn't she get guys, there's no other way" "It's because she's ugly, not because she's gay"

xHabsfanx 0

Well if you were a lesbian, wouldn't you have a girlfriend? Just tell them you can't get a date, it's that simple and maybe they'll help you get one.

There is really nothing you should be embarrassed about. Why not just tell them that you haven't found anyone who is worth your time (if you are worried about admitting that you haven't found yourself a guy - but don't rush 'cause rushing will only do you harm in the long run)? Believe me, you are not the only person who goes through, "are you a homosexual?" in a family. Just let them know the truth, or lie a bit. There is obviously nothing wrong with being a homosexual (to those who are), but hey! You shouldn't feel embarrassed and live with the assumptions your family is having, especially if it does not make you comfortable.

Well I'm a guy, I'm single and looking -hint-hint- problem solved

it's better than them thinking you can't get a girl

i think that thats really messed up its really hard to get someone this days i think that you should just explain to them and let them know who you really are.