By Blaisey - 21/04/2014 17:25 - Canada - Duncan

Today, my drug addict of a roommate convinced herself my red kitten was Pennywise the clown in disguise waiting to kill her, and hit him over the head with a pan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 183
You deserved it 5 517

Blaisey tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. I talked to my landlord about my roommate a few hours ago. She's a very sweet older lady, and she was in tears when I told her what happened. My roommate now has 48 hours to get out. I took Paprika to the vet right away, and they said she'll most likely survive, but it's possible she'll have brain damage. She woke up in the car on the way there (after a good ten minutes of not moving, I was so afraid she didn't make it) but they gave her something to make her sleep for awhile. Thank you all for your support!

Top comments

androtech 12

You should hit her over the head with a pan.

Comments

Report the shit out of him to the authorities.For the drugs I mean.

Paprika's scans came back, and she doesn't have any brain damage thus far. Thank you all so much for your concern :) She's a little timid around people (besides me) now, the vet said she may have difficulty growing out of that for years, perhaps even her whole life. Sometimes she'll stop in the middle of eating/drinking like she forgets what she's doing, but maybe I'm just paranoid about it. Thank you all again!!! :)

Give her time and she will might be almost back to your little ball of fluff. I am so glad that her scans came back good. Give her a big hug from all of us.

I'm glad it went as well as it did. Best wishes to you and your cat. It is good that your landlord is willing to help you in such situations.

Op, I had a cat who had been attacked by a dog, she had run away into the sewer drain on the end of the street but the dog caught her back foot before she could escape and pulled her back out. While trying to get away she hit her head (very hard) on the concrete drain. She escaped the dog (my mom distracted it) and disappeared for 3 or 4 days and when she came back she had a soft spot on her head and a broken foot. The vet patched her up and said she'd be ok, but from that point on she would sometimes stop in the middle of things like grooming, or eating and stare blankly for a while, then go do something completely different. It was like she'd hit a reset button and forgot what she was doing. On a good note, she was about 4 when this happened and lived to be 15. Hopefully, Paprika will continue to have a good long life despite this traumatic experience, like my Patches did.

I'm glad she's doing well! I've had several cats and all but 1 would do the same thing... they'd be right in the middle of something & just zone out for a few seconds and either go back to what they were doing or go running like a bat out of hell.

I'm glad she's doing well! With the amount of love it sounds like you have for her, she's hopefully doing great!

I'm glad she seems to be doing well. All the best.

I am so happy your Fur baby is going to be ok. My heart just broke when I read your post. You seriously should press charges. There is no excuse for animal abuse. Will keep Paprika in my prayers. xoxoxoxox

fooltemptress 36

I'm really glad to read that she doesn't have any brain damage thus far! That certainly is good news! As far as her stopping in the middle of eating and drinking, that could be a side effect of her current timidness. She might hear a faint noise and stop what she's doing as she tries to determine whether it's a threat or not. I hope with time, a lot of love, and tons of positive reinforcement, she can get over being afraid of everyone but you.

Poor little kitty! I'd kill your room mate if she hit my baby girl!

Tough deal for kitty :( but it sounds like your landlord jumped right on it

dorikki 9

i hope your kitty is okay. came back here every day since its been posted to see a vet update. keeping my fingers crossed that everything will stay fine.