Baby shark

By Lordofdance - 13/10/2017 16:00

Today, the only way my newborn sleeps is if I dance around with him strapped to me. Six hours and counting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 912
You deserved it 482

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A newborn is going to cry to get what they want whether or not they need it or should have it. If you put him down and let him cry, he will sleep. Given time, he will learn to sleep when put down to sleep. Or, you can keep carrying him for hours at a time and he'll learn to demand that you do that by crying.

Host a headphone dance party, and pass the baby around for other people to dance with.

Comments

A newborn is going to cry to get what they want whether or not they need it or should have it. If you put him down and let him cry, he will sleep. Given time, he will learn to sleep when put down to sleep. Or, you can keep carrying him for hours at a time and he'll learn to demand that you do that by crying.

My midwife told me that really small babies dont see that connection yet, like the first few months. However, if the baby is fed, clean diaper and nothing wrong with it there should be no reason to let him cry a bit before he falls asleep.

Host a headphone dance party, and pass the baby around for other people to dance with.

ViviMage 38

If you're a first time Mom, this make ms sense. You will exhaust yourself. Put him in the crib, he will cry it out and go to sleep on his own.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Yes put him down, put him in a swing, or bassinet that rocks

Take every chance to dance with your child. Soon enough, he’ll have a wife that will get in your way.

Your baby is merely trying to help you lose your pregnancy weight! ;)

Lobby_Bee 17

It is not possible to spoil a newborn. They literally have one way to communicate their needs to you. Even the suggestions people are making to just let the baby cry it out until they fall asleep should not be applied to a newborn baby.

I’ve got my first child coming soon and expect that I will be in the same boat.

frizz101 22

Get a baby swing. Newborns especially like to move around, after all they did spend a significant portion of their life in constant movement

I also have a newborn, well she's still under 4 weeks, she sleeps really good but as other people said try putting him in a swing or I have a rock n play at home it's by fisher price and it's amazing. If she gets fussy I put her in that and it rocks vibrates and plays music. Also I know sometimes they don't sleep or are fussy if they're still hungry I recently upped the amount of formula I was giving her. And one last thing you can't hold a newborn to much or rock them to much they can't self soothe like bigger babies can. Hopefully this helps!!