By Anonymous - 09/04/2016 13:12 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my daughter and her "friend" kept using crude euphemisms right in front of me, thinking I was too old or too stupid to figure out what they meant. I nearly had an aneurysm when she told him he could put his "pencil" in her "sharpener" next time they studied together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 171
You deserved it 2 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steffi3 40

If you know what they're talking about, just call her out on it. I mean, you are the parent

100% agree with everyone proposing op embarrass her daughter. Now if that doesn't work…start playing along and tell them about how you were sharpening her father's pencil the other night ;) (not only would she be mortified that mom is trying to sound cool by playing along, but hearing about your parents' sex lives is one thing a child NEVER wants to encounter; 2 birds one stone)

Comments

Everyone is jumping straight to 'ground the girl and castrate the boy' but am I the only one who thinks that the parents should just give them the sex talk? I'm assuming that they're at least 16. Hoping, more like it.

You shouldn't block them ( unless they are to young). Just make sure your child isn't being pressured into doing something they don't want to. Also tell them to use protection.

The awkwardness that could happen if she really just meant he could use his pencil sharpener. Because his pencil broke at home so he didn't bring a pencil but a pen.

seriously1738 8
bobsanction 18

"If his pencil gets anywhere near your sharpener, I'm gonna snap it in half."

I can't help but wonder if she was trying to get a rise out of you, just so she could stare at you wide-eyed at you and say, "What, mum? I was just taking about stationary. Get your mind out of the gutter."

0clairebaire 18

Better not have been anatomy they were studying ^_^

Euphemisms make for wonderful metaphors these days...

the thing to do at such a moment is to reminisce about the time daddy put his pencil in mom's sharpener 5 times ... last night (last 2 words to be said while staring daughter in the eyes)

Damn dude u got me ****** up???the next time they're both around u, start using words that might horrify, or embarrass them, or just make things really awkward.