By Sadmom - 14/09/2016 02:15 - United States - Cherry Hill

Today, I found out that my son thinks it's acceptable to use words like "on fleek" in high school level essays. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 952
You deserved it 1 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

obviously global warming and pollution, cmon, everyone knows that's lit.

Hi OP here, it was an essay on a book he had been reading and he included it in his intro as a joke. He did lose points because of it.

PePziNL 20

Obviously it was an essay on dank memes. Full of the rarest pepes.

Congratulations, you've raised a dumbass.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Why? I doubt OP was the one who taught him that phrase.

Right, but the kid still thinks it's acceptable to use slang in an essay. So even if op didn't teach him the phrase, the kid is still a dumbass.

qteabutt 12

He just wants his essay to be lit so his teacher can give him the ok sign and the 100%. Right? Is this how the new lingo is used, god I'm getting old.

It's not just you. I'm 20 and too old to understand 19 year old.

ExtremeEncounter 32

As if there's any difference.

Well I learned that I can't put emojis on FML.

Was it for French class? Maybe he meant to write "en flic" instead...

"The signing of the Declaration of Independence was lit. The calligraphy was on point, not to mention Benjamin Franklin's hair was on fleek. You feel me?"

That's just disgraceful. You say "lit" and "100%" if you want full marks.

The yuts of today are the fleeks of tomorrow.

I don't even know what 'on fleek' means, but it still annoys me.

I know, right? Thank god for Urban Dictionary.

With that level of skill, he'll be able to get into University of Phoenix, DeVry or Trump U. Go Fightin' Donalds!

I mean, if he was writing an essay on the evolution of the English language and using it as an example of modern slang, fine. If he was writing an essay on Davy Crockett's bad ass hat, then probably not so much.