By Izamellayella - 15/11/2011 01:29 - United States

Today, my date threw a fit, burst into tears, and made a huge scene in the middle of a crowded restaurant, all because I offered to pay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 943
You deserved it 3 125

Izamellayella tells us more.

I just now realized that this was posted, and, yes, I do realize that it was more than two months ago. He was actually my friend's old roommate, and she introduced us around a year ago. We didn't really interact that much but I thought that he was nice, so when he asked me out, I decided that I'd at least give him a chance. For the record, it wasn't some elaborate ultra-expensive fancy restaurant, but the meal certainly wasn't cheap. I've been in the habit of offering to pay for my meals for a while now, and I certainly wasn't expecting that kind of reaction for him. And no, I don't think that the guy paying for the date is sexist. I don't see why the girl can't pay sometimes, though, and I was just trying to be nice. If he'd wanted to pay, he could have told me instead of freaking out like that. He never called me back after that, but even if he did, I wouldn't have gone on another date with him. I enjoyed reading your comments! Most of you guys are really funny.

Top comments

Angelice_fml 0

Good for you for offering to pay. You obviously deserve better though.

Comments

Jason199615 0

Date a man next time, not a feminine ******.

Poetaster 10

At what point did her date become male?

vannaxo 0

I always have to pay. It just happens.

hateevryone 14

seriously, any other guy would be glad. what the hell is his problem? don't go on any more dates with that moron.

I wouldn't recommend seeing that guy again. If that doesn't scream 'Unstable!!' I don't know what does.

StromyG2 10

Is your date a guy? If so, he's gay and trying to become "a man". Run away as fast as you can If your date is a girl, she's nuts. Run away as fast as you can.

Pretty sure most gay people I know have the emotional maturity to work out paying for a meal without having a breakdown. This guy's not gay, just insecure and unstable.

bubo_fml 10

Slap him and tell him to go buy some tampons! :)

Well, 99% of the people in here are laying it all on the guy, but I'd like to offer the following: I dated a girl once - for close to a year and at any four or five star restaurant she didn't go near the check, even when she invited me there for my birthday. That's okay, no problem. But a few times when we hit a McDonald's or a Burger King/KFC for something quick she'd grab the check so fast I'd never see it, then she make out like she just took me out for caviar and champagne. Could this be the issue? If not, does your boyfriend have confidence problems? Can't take the feeling of a woman that can do things on her own? If so, maybe you'd better examine your relationship and committment.