By quit fucking up my life - 23/11/2013 01:08 - United States - Kenai

Today, my dad met my boyfriend for the first time. He soon "casually" took a huge knife from the kitchen drawer and told my boyfriend that he's always wondered what it'd be like to stab someone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 651
You deserved it 4 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is he ******* crazy? What the hell is wrong with him? He's going about this all wrong. That's way too direct. The correct thing to say is, "I have a rusty scalpel, plenty of lidocaine, and an intimate knowledge of male anatomy. Have a nice time tonight."

Comments

I believe your all over-thinking this. Fathers ruffling the feathers of would be boyfriends is a tradition that all boys had to face when dating daughters. My father always showed his gun collection to my sisters boyfriends when meeting the first time. I had to go through it when meeting fathers as well, then you get to talk to brothers if any are present. Its almost a right of passage and more importantly they want to see your reaction to determine what kind of person you are. I always told em that I understood and then threw a quick quip in there to ease tension... So far, never met a father who didn't like me, but then again, never gave em a reason to follow through with said threat. Quit being so sensetive. This used to be handled with a "Stop scaring him dad!".

Sounds like my husband except he said he's doing it with a gun

Guess your Dad didn't like your bf OP? Don't worry, Im in a 5 year relationship, dad hasn't met my bf/bd and he wants to kill him.

Sounds like my dad. Aren't they awesome :)

Iniezian 18

The proper thing for any boyfriend to say in such a situation is, "my dad's a lawyer, I've always wondered what it would be like to sue for millions in compensation".

NatalieOntheTram 11

What is with these borderline incestuous paternal responses to daughters dating? It's strange. Granted your boyfriend isn't a complete douchebag, your father should be happy for you.

Yep if I were to have a father in law it's be that kinda man with his knife