By disaster... - 20/05/2009 23:44 - United States

Today, my mom and my step dad decided they're getting a divorce. They've been married for 2 weeks and I paid for a quarter of the wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 354
You deserved it 6 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...Why would you do that? They obviously only did it for the gifts.

Wow. That was very stupid of you, no offense...

Comments

...Why would you do that? They obviously only did it for the gifts.

Wow. That was very stupid of you, no offense...

What?? Why is it stupid? My mum and step-dad are getting married, and if I could afford to help out financially I'd be more than happy to. Or would you expect OP to know they were going to divorce after 2 weeks?

You know, even though you say no offense, doesn't mean it won't be taken as offensive. Just saying.

deegee12 0

doubt they did it for the gifts, considering someone is going to end up losing money in the divorce. it would have been cheaper to not get married

Kill your step dad and get it over with

@#3 I'm pretty sure there was something along those lines. People don't HAVE to split everything in a divorce. Do you live in a hole? Humans are greedy, why else would someone use their kid's money for a two-week marriage?

deegee12 0

@5 no duh they dont have to split everything...someone would end up taking more than they should..which means someone is going to lose out

anonymous100000 17

isn't it in the time where they can just get a nullment? in that case, they wouldn't have to split up anything..

#6 Not necessarily. If neither wants to spend too much on court it can be settled peacefully.

Demetra_fml 0

#3-7, every divorce is different, you don't know the family in this case, you don't know each other in this case. Case closed?

zephialx 0

Why would you even pay for any of their wedding. You are stupid, they're adults, if they couldn't pay for it themselves then they should have had a smaller wedding.

How does that make her stupid? maybe that was part of her wedding gift to them.