By ThisGuy775 - 19/09/2011 04:41 - United States

Today, my dad asked to borrow some money off me, so I said okay. Later on, he told me he'll be using it to help divorce my mom. I pretty much just helped pay for my parents' divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 457
You deserved it 2 982

Same thing different taste

Top comments

salvorican 24

At least your money is going to make THEM happy op. It's not easy living in the same house with parents that don't get along..

Comments

Too bad it's not that easy to get a divorce unless it's uncontested.

mistersheezy 7

Loan him a little extra to help out with the alimony too.

BellaBelle_fml 23

#24-What the f...oh wait you're 12, ok your comment makes sense now.

A girlfriend would be cheaper than a divorce in the long run

Not if he got caught cheating. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, his mom would probably take everything.

Flocka_23 14

Wow... You have a messed up dad

You appear to be confusing the verbs 'to borrow' and 'to lend'. The person who borrows money temporarily gains someone else's money, and the person who lends money temporarily loses their own. If your father had asked you 'to borrow money', he was asking you to receive money from him (or perhaps he was begging you to take out a loan). I believe you meant 'My dad asked me to lend him money.' Alternatively, you could have phrased it, "My dad asked if he could borrow money from me." Notice in the second case, the person borrowing money is your father, not you.

Ok it's one of the things that winds me up... however I wouldn't have pointed it out to him as I clearly understood what he was saying.

Stuff happens. At least he didn't try to borrow it from your mom.

perdix 29

If your mom gets custody of you and finds out you financed the divorce, your life won't be worth a shit. I'd start cooking for myself, if I were you.

You didn't think to ASK what he was using it for?