By madd_dizzle - 25/10/2009 15:39 - United States

Today, my crush finally let me drive his truck for the first time in a empty parking lot, after he told me he liked me. It was so dark that I ended up driving into and pole and totaled his car. Now he hates me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 743
You deserved it 43 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wannabesinger 16

Did you forget the purpose of headlights? I mean come on now, people drive down dark roads without any streetlights just fine, they don't go running into poles. And if you ran into a pole because you were shocked that he liked you, then that's just pathetic

Comments

you must really be a ditz in person. who the hell hits a lightpole in an empty parking lot, muchless totals a car?! that takes some work.

He hates you because you apparently misunderstood what he wanted. He probably said he wanted to drive you in his truck. That's why he told you to keep the lights off.

So dark the headlights didn't work. Fyl.

Improbability 0

Not fake, cause it's not any stretch of the imagination for me to see my teenage sister and her friends pulling this off. Their lives revolve around two things: use some exaggerated language (like totaled when it might have a crumpled headlight) and blame everything stupid you do on something else. Never take personal responsibility. It was dark, you hear? Dark! I'm totally innocent. Not. YDI.

this doesn't really....wait...dumbledore must've been there with his deluminator to take away all of the street lights and the car's headlights! now i get it! it makes perfect sense!

CaptainPat 0

1- If its dark why the hell didn't you turn on the head lights? 2- every single parking lot i have ever been in has street lights, not to mention lights from the building(s) the lot is for, or surrounding buildings. 3- HOW THE HELL did you manage to TOTAL a truck by hitting a pole in a parking lot? Were you going 60, and the pole was the size of a street light pole or something? if so then it must of been pretty visible.

It's both of your faults. Yours for not using the headlights. His for letting a woman drive when there was a perfectly able-bodied guy there to do it.

If it wasn't a new car then it makes sense. Totalling a car is just when the cost to fix it would be more than the cost to replace it. If this was an older truck that wasn't worth much in the first place, then it could have easily been totalled. Now, I do agree with the others' confusion about why headlights were not used.

I don't understand why this is a FML. I thought it was convention that women do such things at the wheel :S