By ChildhoodTerror - 26/12/2016 06:40

Today, my cousin left her undisciplined demon-child at my house for Christmas. This child destroyed the other children's gifts and made so much noise that the neighbors called the police. The adults can't really discipline her while her mother is away, so all we can do is apologize in this child's wake. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 682
You deserved it 1 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the child is left in your care you certainly can discipline the child. That's not to say to smack the child or anything, but you certainly can do what you need to pull the kid into line. You're there to supervise and keep the child safe and others safe from the child, not make friends and apologise for the child.

I refuse to watch children that Im not allowed to discipline, Period. Family or not, if the kid knows they can get away with it, they will.

Comments

She is left in your care which means you discipline. Beat her ass!

As long as someone else's kid is under your roof, it's your rules. So, if someone else's kid set fire to your house, you'd just apologize? Grow some testicles and be an adult.

You can discipline anyones child if you have clear cause. If they are under your supervision at your house, punishment is your choice

Boy bye I'd bust that kids ass and make him act right!

If your that worried about physical punishment, take everything but the bed out of a bedroom and put the kid in there fir 10-15. If they keep endangering other kids and acting violent, call the non-emergency sheriff/police number, and have one of them come out and talk to the little shit. If the kids mom loses her shit at that, rip into her for 1: letting her kid behave like that and 2: dumping her problem on you without any method of control. Unless the kid is around age 7 or less, the officers are usually happy to give violent kids the stare down. If it gets really bad, I say **** it and call child services on your sister before she lets a kid with no social skills except for breaking people and things out on the streets.

I would definitely discipline that kid. Every parent that brings their child over to my house knows that I will discipline them if they're not here or aren't doing it themselves. The kids also know the rules of our house.

YEAH, you CAN discipline her. And you do. But call the mother first and ask her if you can discipline her. Instruct the mother that she is destroying property and causing legal problems, and that- quite frankly- she is a little brat who badly needs discipline. If the mom refuses to allow you to discipline her, then you should tell her that if she won't let you discipline her, then she needs to immediately return home, because you will not babysit the child causing financial problems and damage without being allowed to discipline her. And tell her if she isn't home within 24 hours, you will bring her to a police station and explain the situation and leave her there, which you are legally allowed to do. Especially with the damage she is causing. The mother will allow you to discipline her, believe me.

If I watch a family member's child/ren, then I discipline as I would my own kids. If the cops are showing up because of this child, something has to be done to show him/her that they can't behave like this in the future.