By jesspacheco27 - 15/12/2014 18:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my classmate said I looked better without makeup. Well, her exact words were, "You look like less of a whore without makeup." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 237
You deserved it 8 337

jesspacheco27 tells us more.

She's Muslim I believe so they're into the covered hair no make-up, "covered up" look I guess.

Top comments

YawMoney 14

Is she/he a "***** looking" expert?

Better then looking like a clown. Maybe your so called friend is just jealous of you and is lashing out because she wants the spotlight.

Comments

I'm gonna go out on a limb and infer that you're wearing a lot of makeup--to the point that the viewer notices your makeup before they notice the rest of your face. Wearing too much makeup is traditionally regarded as a "whorish" appearance. So your classmate may be tactless, but it sounds like she's actually trying to give you good advice. Seriously, the best way to use makeup is so that nobody can even tell it's there at first glance.

Not necessarily - that is just an opinion. The natural look can also sometimes mean people don't think you are wearing makeup and get unrealistic expectations or see you without any and think it looks really bad. I like natural and more obvious makeup - they can both look lovely I think, (though my personal preference is obvious makeup) but I wouldn't necessarily say natural is better.

TomeDr 24

She was pretty rude but maybe you SHOULD start using less make up.

brifrikkintastic 9

Best response: "Thanks, you sound like less of a bitch when you don't speak."

Mf2307 15

Let's face it, some people just don't look good with make up on. They are probably doing it wrong, they look too fake and do look a bit like the stereotype of a a cheap hooker. Sometimes less is best.