By thechaos - 15/12/2014 22:24 - United States - Pittsfield

Today, my family got into a massive argument about whether or not battery-operated toothbrushes are considered electric toothbrushes. Everyone is in their own room and refuses to talk to each other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 605
You deserved it 4 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Tooth be honest, you'll all get over it soon

Yes but for now they're sTeething until it works out.

9 out of 10 Dentists would agree with you.

Well, all the ones who think battery powered toothbrushes don't count as electric are.

Today, that's what I had to say about my penis. FML

Scynistr 20

Sounds a lot like my family. Good luck!

This is a hard one to vote on without knowing how Op responded. If Op was part of the argument and is also in their room not talking to anyone, then it's a definite YDI. If Op was the only one in the family that was sensible and isn't mad and not talking, then it's an FML.

rdenkewicz 11

The answer to the question is yes, they are electric.

JuliaaNoelle 26

Well, what do you think OP? Are they electric?

OP here. Appears I wasn't logged in when I posted this FML. I firmly believe with all my heart that battery powered toothbrushes are considered electric, although the entire basis of the argument my family had has me questioning everything I've ever learned.

I'm trying to figure out what they would consider an electric toothbrush, if they don't consider one that uses batteries to be electric. As far as I know, there aren't any toothbrushes that actually have a cord and plug into the wall while operating.

Op: you "firmly believe with all of my heart," this is the issue here, why are you and your family standing so firm on this issue that it's causing issues? It doesn't actually matter in the grand scheme of things. Op were you also one of the ones to be mad and go to your room refusing to talk to anyone? If so then this is a YDI. If you're the only one that didn't react that way then definitely FYL.

Electricity is the exact thing that batteries provide. If they provided oil, they'd be oil-powered. I am having trouble imagining what people think the power source IS if not electricity. In fact, from the looks of it, so is the rest of the comments section.

You know what, I'm going to my room. Don't talk to me.

Batteries run on brain waves. There's no electricity involved.

Except brain waves are electrical impulses.

Garnetshaddow 30

Does it really matter that much as long as everybody is actually using a toothbrush?

lexiieeex3 32

As long as y'all have clean teeth all is well with the world!