By 4am blues - 13/07/2015 04:39 - United States - Lehigh Acres

Today, my cat thought it was appropriate to bring a bird into the house at 4 a.m.; the bird thought it was appropriate to attack my mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 333
You deserved it 2 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve95401 49

I would be pissed too if I had been dragged into a house by a cat.

TheGamingNirvana 18

The cat gave your mom the bird.

Comments

This post has totally made my day. Though it is one hell of a way to start a Monday.

Sounds like op is selfish.. His/her mom has a dumb cat and gets attacked by the bird and her kid thinks that somehow they are the ones having a rough life... f your moms life is more like it..

I saw it as more of an empathy thing. Like OP cares so much about their mom, that it worried them to see her being attacked/hurt. That and there was probably a lot of noise.

thejimler 9

Your cat needs to stop hanging out with the bad birds, next thing you know they'll get it hooked on catnip, steal jewelry, and try pimping your mom!

cheshireau 26

I thought the bird should be quite dead after a close encounter with a cat... unless its a bald eagle or something...

Most cats will bring the bird in alive so they can play with it/ share it with their babies (they might view their owner as their baby) I know my cats bring birds, bunnies, and cicadas in alive all the time.

Would it be appropriate at 5 am instead?

my mom thought it was appropriate to blame me and I thought it was appropriate to write this FML. FML

Your cat was doing something similar to what they do to teach kittens to hunt. They start out by bringing you a dead animal, and after you've done something with the dead animal a few times they go to the next stage. The next stage is bringing home alive, but injured animals, so the kittens learn how prey animals fight, as well as how to kill them. The stage after that is bringing an uninsured and alive animal so the kitten ca do a test run. That said, bird killing is one of the reasons animal scientists ask people to not have outside cats- that and even only a few toms and queens in an area can turn into colonies of a 100+ cats in a year pr so.