By Anonymous - 04/12/2010 07:32 - United States

Today, my brother changed the password on my laptop so that I can't log into my profile. All my notes for school are on it and finals start on Monday. Guess who can't remember the new password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 598
You deserved it 3 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's a windows machine it's easy. As it's booting up keep pressing F8, a menu should pop up with a few options, choose safe mode with networking. After that it should load to the login screen. At this point it will display the base admin account, it should just say "admin" or "administrator" depending on which version of windows you have. Log in to that account and you can delete the password off of your other account.

ChelseaXD 0

Comments

there is a way to get on without a password but I forgot search it up on YouTube

I mean ophcrack just download it to disck and boot up with it

Well there are a few simple solutions to these scenarios, but I would have to say the easiest is definitely a bootable disk called "Konboot". Konboot actually bypasses both Windows and Linux kernels at the BIOS level. Google Konboot, download it, burn it to a disk and the boot from it on the computer with the password. It will boot from the disk, restart the computer and bring you to the normal login screen....from here you can enter anything for the password or no password at all, and it will login to the account. Now you can change your password! : )

bladomas 2

YDI for having a stupid brother, and the OP should kill the brother...

what I did was brought it into best buy and they unlocked it for free

sxcthaigirl 6
wDeemish 0

WHY THE **** DOES HE KNOW YOUR PASSWORD!!!!! Your fault honestly -.- and do what 5 said :)

a_girl_i_know 0

That's why you should never let your family members borrow your stuff, they tend to take advantage and try to screw you over.

perdix 29

I'm stumped! I can't guess who forgot the new password. Damn, this is harder than Sudoku!