By Anonymous - 04/12/2010 07:32 - United States

Today, my brother changed the password on my laptop so that I can't log into my profile. All my notes for school are on it and finals start on Monday. Guess who can't remember the new password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 598
You deserved it 3 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's a windows machine it's easy. As it's booting up keep pressing F8, a menu should pop up with a few options, choose safe mode with networking. After that it should load to the login screen. At this point it will display the base admin account, it should just say "admin" or "administrator" depending on which version of windows you have. Log in to that account and you can delete the password off of your other account.

ChelseaXD 0

Comments

OP deserves it for not knowing how to use a computer. Either: 1)Boot into Safe Mode (Press F8 at Post-BIOS and press Enter on Safe Mode with Networking), Log into Administrator, Locate the files on the Hard Drive and copy them over to a Flash Drive and remove the password (If you booted into Safe Mode with Networking) 2) Create a Live USB/CD Linux OS, check the mounted drives, and locate the files and save them to a flash drive. It's really not difficult at all.

Make or buy an ophcrack boot cd. Put it in the drive and restart the computer, and you will no longer need a password.

Depending on what type of OS you have on your comp is running, there may be a work around. I know because something similar happened to me. Hang in there, OP!

metalguy95 11

if you can't remember the password, then how did you get this FML on here?

How many devices do you have access to that can connect to the internet? If it's more than one, you've answered your own question.

060408 0

use another computer to download a program called erd2003 pop it on a cd and boot to it. this will let you reset any password on the machine..

Just pop in a linux life cd. If you don't know what I mean google it, you'll have you're files back in an hour or so.

Please, tell me who can't remember their password! The suspense is killing me!!