By Anonymous - 04/12/2010 07:32 - United States

Today, my brother changed the password on my laptop so that I can't log into my profile. All my notes for school are on it and finals start on Monday. Guess who can't remember the new password. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 598
You deserved it 3 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it's a windows machine it's easy. As it's booting up keep pressing F8, a menu should pop up with a few options, choose safe mode with networking. After that it should load to the login screen. At this point it will display the base admin account, it should just say "admin" or "administrator" depending on which version of windows you have. Log in to that account and you can delete the password off of your other account.

ChelseaXD 0

Comments

Keep punching until he remembers, honey.

meli13zech33 0

just hit the 'forgot password' button but that does totally suck for u FYL

how did he even know your password?

google "Ophcrack"...I just used it and it worked in about 5 mins...displays the password for all user accounts

ladytlc 0

when you turn your laptop on start pressing the f8 key (maybe different for each laptop) it will go to a boot menu screen. if you've previously backed up your computer you will be able to return it to the previous save and your password will be change back.

And if that doesn't work you can use another laptop (like your brother's) and download a certain software that makes you able to find your current password (and reset it). Just google ''reset password software'' or something. I never used it but for many people it works just great. And your brother is an ass because that is a ridiculous thing to do if he's too stupid to remember what he changed it in. Still you should have had your notes in a back-up if they are THAT important, imagine your computer crashed or something.

DaveEPIC 0

YDI for letting your brother on your laptop.

IrishSoulja 4

where did she say she "let" him use the laptop?

TXCandy 3

and y would he know it in tha frst place? dumbass! time for revenge>:|

the password is "youranidiotfornotbackingupimportantfiles" ydi.

1. you should create another account for your brother or other family members to use. 2. you should have backup your files in a portable harddrive. 3. you are dumb enough to let your brother mess up with your account password.