By Tara115 - 09/02/2014 07:20 - Canada - Courtenay

Today, my boyfriend told me he doesn't think he should marry me, because I have kids. They're his kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 136
You deserved it 7 575

Same thing different taste

Comments

flynryder 7

That's why you should have held out to get married

There's something missing he's not sharing . An intervention between you two is necessary.

he got the milk for free... why by the cow?

perdix 29

You had multiple kids with a guy without getting married? Y. D. ******* I.

I hope he's joking. If he's not, make sure you're the one helping the kids with homework in the future.

perdix 29

I think he wants to keep his options open. It's a guy thing.

ahh your other comment was moderated and now I'm dying to know what comment was too good for FML :O

Even charlie harper wouldn't say something like that.

buttcramp 21

I'd break up with him and have his sign over his rights. normally I'm the "talk it out" person but this is bullshit.

kirrra 11

because when a man doesn't want to get married then theres no way his children deserve a father.... nice logic you have there

Buttcramp sounds kinda butthurt over this FML.

buttcramp 21

it's better to be raised by one awesome parent than two who aren't on the same page. If this guy doesn't want the kids, he shouldn't have a say. Also, experts say from the time a child is approximately 9 months old they understand what is being said if the words are in commonly heard/used vocabulary (which this probably was). So if the children hear this, they will think negatively about themselves and that isn't okay. it isn't their fault that their dad is a douchebag. I stick to what I said before, leave him. He obviously isn't very intelligent, has no self control over his words, and doesn't understand his words or actions can have consequences. This isn't someone I'd want influencing my children but it's your life and your kids, OP. Do what makes you happy, but put the kids first.

kirrra 11

yes conflict does affect a childs self esteem and sense of security. but that is a case for parents to parent separately. you dont know anymore than that op's partner doesntt want to marry cuz of kids. for all you know he's making that decision because of the conflict. or maybe as many said he has his own issues around marriage. some cases are better off with one parent, very true, but I sure wouldn't like to be that kid when I find out I dont have a dad all cuz my mam got mad he wouldnt marry her. not that thats the case here. we dont know.

buttcramp 21

true, I was quick to judge. if they don't get married though they lose all kinds of insurance opportunities and discounts on certain taxes, etc. it would be silly considering the money they saved could go towards the children or their family as a whole. this guy just sounds like a deadbeat to me but you're right that I don't know.

kirrra 11

but are a few savings really a reason to marry? some people have strong beliefs around it, and wouldnt even consider the savings as a reason to do it. also it condradicts your first point, force him to abandon his kids if he wont marry you cuz hes not a good role model etc.... but marry him (a potentially terrible decision for the kids if there are already issues) just to save some money.. which is doing what as a role model for your kids???

buttcramp 21

I was just trying to get you to look at it from a different prospective. obviously you don't agree with my opinion and that's fine. I still stand by what I said.. I wouldn't want someone like that in my child's life.