By Rosie - 06/09/2016 12:13 - United States - Brunswick

Today, my boyfriend of over a year said that being in a relationship is pointless. When I responded that I couldn't picture my life without him, he said he couldn't picture his life without our cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 133
You deserved it 1 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You already know what to do, you're just waiting on somebody to say it. He doesn't value relationships, but you do. It's not going to work out in the long run because you can't change him. It's better to get out sooner rather than later.

Probably better to let go when you're emotionally ready. And make sure to take the cat with you!!!

Comments

Cats don't max out your credit card and cheat on you with your sister, that's for sure.

Maybe your cat doesn't. My kitty can't be trusted. She was all cuddled up in my sisters lap when she came over my place. And I don't know who else would order 100 pounds of catnip.

lexiieeex3 32
Jaylene90 8

Well what are you waiting for? Leave and take the cat!

Get out now, no matter how much you love him. I wasted seven years with a guy who was never going to commit and it quite honestly sucks. Take the cat too, I did and she's the best thing to come from the whole shit show!

I'm sorry OP but I can understand your boyfriend, my cats are everything to me..but sure, a human companionship is a nice to have too..it's just, humans change their minds about liking and loving you a lot, cats don't, they either love you or they don't and they stick to it! Besides them being loyal, cuddly, easy to live with and not arguing about stuff, they're funny, joyful, playful and really cute, they live in the now and enjoy your company, their love is true and the question about you loving them never comes up..he sounds like a cat person so, FYI, you don't have to pester him if he wants you around, if he didn't, you'd know!

Cats can't give you a ********, or a family, cosign a loan, or come get you from the hospital after an accident... I like my cat, but I'd rather have my husband.

OP, if you're looking for something else than your boyfriend and your envisioning of the future does not correspond to each other's, being alone in a committed relationship is really pointless..that might have been a test, if you are questioning his commitment, that means you are not happy with the status quo and you believe there must be something more than what you currently have..so if you are not happy, change it! it's your life, OP, don't make your happiness depending on someone else!

"Relationships are pointless" gay people have relationships too..? There's absolutely nothing pointing to him being gay.

Um...there's homosexual relationships too

Don't stay with him if he seriously doesn't value you. Also, to picture life without him, picture yourself two years ago. You'll be fine.