A saint

By Anonymous - 14/06/2020 20:07

Today, I'm taking care of my bedridden, 94-year-old grandma. She woke me up at 6 a.m. only to tell me her UTI is still there. Later, she made me interrupt my 15-minute-dinner a total of 4 times because she wanted things like "more lotion in her buttcrack." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 640
You deserved it 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's probably really lonely being 94 and bedridden. Maybe try to arrange for her to have some visitors a few times a week and continue visiting yourself so she doesn't feel the need to grasp at attention by waking you up unnecessarily or interrupt you at inopportune times.

Why are you so stingy with the buttcrack lotion? Lube the old gal up and enjoy your dinner. Wash your hands thoroughly!

Comments

She's probably really lonely being 94 and bedridden. Maybe try to arrange for her to have some visitors a few times a week and continue visiting yourself so she doesn't feel the need to grasp at attention by waking you up unnecessarily or interrupt you at inopportune times.

does she sleep with pillows large enough to accidentally cover her face?

Why are you so stingy with the buttcrack lotion? Lube the old gal up and enjoy your dinner. Wash your hands thoroughly!

She's lonely. Eat with her, sleep in the same room with her. etc. Stop making her sound like an inconvenience.

I know it's hard, but this is going to be how you show her love in this stage of her life

DoctorPALO 14

This is a fact of life. Older people become like babies again. If you consider her to be an inconvenience, send her to live with someone who WANTS to care for her.

You can still WANT to care for someone and complain about difficulties. As a parent I complain and rejoice in different aspects of taking care of kids!

wysegirl 24

Don't be annoyed. I just lost my 93 year old grandma and I would do anything to have her back. while I'm happy she is no longer in pain that UTI could turn in to much worse like it did for my family.

hayleymarie987 8

If she’s bedridden she could be developing bed sores and dry skin. Hence the lotion. And well.. UTIs suck and as her caretaker you gotta help her with that. Watch some golden girls with granny and paint her fingers and toes for her. Bet she‘ll have less to complain about.

Bit late to the comments on this... but if you feel that she is such a damn burden to you, consider paying an outside company to care for her.. Imagine if us actual carers bitched and whined about caring for our clients?? and like the other comments have suggested, eat with her, sleep in the same room, bring her visitors, watch tv with her, read with her.. make her feel like she's not alone instead of bitching and whining on FML about it.