By samgonzalessb - 14/12/2009 17:00 - United States

Today, my boyfriend bought me a voice personalized build-a-bear. I thought he was going to propose to me through it, only to press the foot of the bear and hear "we should break up" instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 759
You deserved it 61

Top comments

Comments

******* awesome illustration ;d And I agree on the point of view I think the OP was whiny.

cpatrick820 3

I think the illustration is probably decently close to the relationship. Whenever you have women who believe that at any time, they're going to be proposed to (rather than just enjoying the ride and living in the now), they're typically self=absorbed and needy. It's that "me, me, me" assumption that leads me to believe OP was probably pretty intolerable.

whatshernuts 0

That's exactly what I was thinking. Every time I read an FML written by a gal who thought she was going to get proposed to and wound up getting dumped instead, I can't help but assume that she set herself up for the breakup by being self-centered or overbearing.

Haha. I love how the bedroom is just absolutely barren. xD That's like adding peanut butter to chocolate ice cream — purely awesome.

abbymybowl 0

i really don't like the illustration. it makes it out to be the womans fault. in all reality, it could have been, but in this case; the guy just sounds like a douche.

sarcdude 3

no one knows why the guy dumped her, it /could/ have been the woman's fault. if it made it out to be the man's problem would you object?

I can imagine it going more like in the illustration.

MeowMixYumm 0

That Bear was really creative lol.

LizzG 0

Actually, I work for Build A Bear as well, and part of our company policy is that we are not allowed to let innapropriate items leave the store. I've refused service to several guests who wanted to name their animal something innapropriate, or put in an innapropriate recording. If someone told us to "**** off" for it we would have security escort them off, and they wouldn't be allowed back in any Build a Bear. And for the person who commented on us getting our "pay docked" for it, the managers don't have the authority to do that. If we've worked, they can't withhold money from us. In addition, it's company policy, and I'm sure that losing the one ass hole customer is a lot less important than say, losing the 10 other customers in the store who could hear whats going on and know that we were allowing for something like that to leave the store. However, I'm sure that there are plenty of employee's who don't give a shit, or who just didn't hear the recording and let it leave the store, so this story does have the possibility of being true.

Has anyone thought that it's not from Build A Bear? What if it's just a bear that you record your message and it plays it back when you squeeze the foot?

indianabummer 0

The OP says it's from Build-a-Bear in the original fml

lynnia_ithappens 0

that sucks ): my ex boyfriend did something similar atleast twice a week though.

Ouch, that's pretty bad. Well, if the OP is a huge bitch to her boyfriend like the illustration shows then MAYBE just MAYBE theres an acception where her boyfriend can break up with her in such a harsh way.