By cupnoodles - 28/10/2012 20:14 - United States - Stony Brook

Today, my boyfriend and I were preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Sandy. I tasked him with going out to buy emergency groceries in case we lose power. He returned with dozens of microwave cup noodles. We're going to starve. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 996
You deserved it 3 930

cupnoodles tells us more.

OP here! My boyfriend bought regular cup noodles, but our building uses electricity for hot water. We ended up buying one of those hot plates, which was a good investment! Although his comment was really uncalled for, speaking respectfully to #1, I think that everyone has their own issues to deal with. We use this site for each others entertainment and to tell others general issues we have as people. Similarly to how you MIGHT post about getting stuck at home from, what maybe many New Yorkers consider, a little amount of snow and saying FML, I am doing the same about about a, what you consider, little category 1 storm. I hope your mood turns around because taking it out on someone you don't know over the internet will only cause a lot of psychological damage to you and potentially someone who is not self-actualized or confident. The area we live in is currently in danger of a power outage, but I think we're ready for it! Thank you everyone for all their warm prayers and so much more! :)

Top comments

A hurricane is a hurricane no matter where it is. People have died already. Plus living in a hurricane prone are isn't something to brag about. Shut up.

corruptedlol 2

That famous Southern Hospitality is really showing.

Comments

he was just trying to help, I think he honestly thought he was helping out...fyl op

jaylaufers 13

If college kids can do it, so can you.

If there's an power outage, where will they get the hot water from? Unless the tap still has hot water but that's not hot enough.

bladedrose 3

Or you could eat it cold *GASP!!!!* because it tastes exactly the same cold, lol.

Britt125 16

You could always pour water on them and just let them sit for a while...get the hottest you can from the tap, and let them sit for a while...it works. You can also just crunch them up and eat them dry, it kinda sucks if they have those crappy dried vegetables (but those suck anyway).... but you won't starve. It may not have been the best choice, but you can eat them if it's all you have and you don't have power.

Sorry to tell you, unless you have a water heater that doesn't run on electricity, your options for tap water are going to be cold and colder after a few hours.

Whoa! That was so intuitive and deep. My life is forever changed. Thank you.

SenselessPattern 12

This is ridiculous. Every other FML she posts "hahahahaha" AND they are double posts. She should have earned herself an account delete by now. Maybe we can have a vote of the FML community to sentence her a punishment.

Hey OP ramen is awesome it'll keep you fed for days and it taste good too.

Depending on where you are the storm might not be too bad. I am close but it hasn't been too bad so far.

The news made everyone freak out about it almost all of the gas stations are out of gas and stores are out of flashlights and lamps

Yup 43- and water and meat. In Louisiana you have to shop a month in advance or you won't get anything. Gas is always gone. Lines for stores are terrible, and meat is good when you have an ice chest. Don't forget an ice chest! People are sure to have generators and will be selling that stuff!! And keep in mine, candles are better than flashlights sometimes! Best of wishes to everyone in New York. And good luck! I am actually really worried for you guys, since y'alls state isn't built for this.

I awkwardly creeped on your profile, to realize that you are a little over 4 years younger than me. And I'm almost 18. Jailbait LOL.

Lmao I accidentally posted this on the wrong FML. How lame of me....

Well to you guys over there around hurricane Sandy.... I wish the best for you guys. I hope everything goes better than expected.

Just imagine, clean streets in New York...

mhopper 13

Thanks. It's scary stuff out here! The flooding and power shortage will be the worst of it =