By Anonymous - 17/05/2014 16:02 - United States - Elko

Today, my boss yet again said she was "literally dying", after she watched a funny video online. Long story short, I'm now on her shitlist because I couldn't help but point out that she clearly wasn't dying, and that her ranting was distracting me from doing actual work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 725
You deserved it 18 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If people knew how to language we wouldn't have this problem

You could've helped it, but didn't. Now you know better than to correct the boss on non-essential matters. Use this knowledge at your next job.

Comments

this bothers me. when people who have authority over you over exert that authority to the point where its not even justifiable anymore. teachers do this all the time, just like in the workplace.

Her issue was with the incorrect language and with the boss wasting "her" time. . Which is the boss's absolute privilege. She deserved it. Stop ranting about things that don't apply and go study.

This is an fml why? Because you have extremely poor common sense? Your boss gets to distract you. It's their privilege. Welcome to life.

mom_of_5 10

In all technicality, aren't we all "literally dying" from the moment we are born? Unless there's been a new development to cure death, making us immortal, we all are literally dying. That being said, think before you speak if the person you're correcting has power over your paycheck. YDI!

conman531 23

I'm tired of people who keep attaching "literally" to everything! Literally dying, literally dead, literally pissed, literally annoyed. I want to little literally smash a literal chair over their literal face so they can literally get some literal sense knocked in to their heads.

Not sure that they would literally get some literal sense knocked into their heads... more like they would literally get some literal chair knocked against their heads.

OP, this is your boss you're talking to. You really think she wouldn't put you on her shitlist especially when you talk down to her like that, regardless of the reason? I'm not saying what she did was really justified, but I honestly don't see why you find her reaction surprising ... You kinda deserved it.

you know i know two language good english and bad english

Why do you have to be such a pessimistic joy kill? When I say "I'm starved, I can go for a bite", I'm pretty sure I'm not actually famished and malnourished. It's a figure of speech. You deserve that shit list spot

graphicstyle7 17

You are blunt and can be trusted. Having said that, you are also tactless, somewhat humorless, and clueless as to how to properly kiss up to a boss.