By offtothejobcentre - 31/12/2012 22:42 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my boss put me on suspension, a week after granting a subordinate time off to recover from surgery. When I signed the paperwork, I was too embarrassed to admit I didn't understand her writing, which apparently said she was getting treated for "dangerously low levels of dick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 409
You deserved it 25 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She does, however, have dangerously high levels of bitch.

Steve95401 49

I remember an episode of "Grey's Anatomy" where someone was treated for that condition.

Comments

Alan2 24

You should've asked her what it said. This is what happens when you sign stuff without bothering to learn what it says. YDI

She needs to take her medication every 4 hours by way of mouth.

Kallian_fml 21

What about a nice hard enema?

watermelon1 35

I'm curious as to why the boss was able to read the subordinate's handwriting, while OP could not.

It depends on the person.. I can decipher almost anyones handwritting while someone I know can't even read cursive...

Then that person is stupid. Cursive is taught in grade school, if an adult cannot read it they should go back to third grade and actually pay attention.

CharresBarkrey 15

33 - You should see some doctors' cursive writing. Not everyone writes in perfect, 3rd grade cursive. Most write in their own version of cursive, which can be hard to decipher.

But not being able to read a specific writer's cursive is different from not being able to read cursive. Some people have sloppy handwriting, but cursive is still a major style of handwriting and an English-speaking adult should be able to read it.

CharresBarkrey 15

41 - That's true, I didn't read their comment like that, my bad.

33- It's sad, but elementary schools don't teach cursive anymore. My mother-in-law is a sixth grade teacher and she said they only learn how to write their names in cursive. It's honestly not right.

I never learnt how to write in cursive :( But I can still read it... I agree about doctors' handwriting though! I am always super impressed with the pharmacist for figuring the medication out.

Most places now and days have voted to drop learning joined writing and study things like typing instead. If you give it a few years the amount of people who can actually read and write cursive is going to be basically zero. Personally I'm going to teach my kids cursive even if they hate it.

Maybe suggest that further requests are typed and printed out that way there's no mistaking what is writen.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Then favorite it. There is indeed a button for that!

FYL for not being able to read someone's handwriting because it resembles a 12 year old's. You do so not deserve this!

Have you ever heard of not signing anything you don't understand? Yeah. That's what OP should have done.

CharresBarkrey 15

Reminds me of the Human CentiPad episode of South Park.

80skid 15

So getting suspended from your job is less embarrassing eh?

b_rad_fml 4

YDI, how can you put your signature on any document you don't fully understand!

Maybe you should learn how to read dicktation.

I see what you were trying to do but you don't read dictation so it doesn't quite work. Dictating is when you are being told what to write down by someone else. What you read is simply whatever document the information was being put onto.