By NoSleep - 26/09/2009 14:30 - United States

Today, I had my first day off in weeks. I was excited about getting to sleep in, until my boss called me at 6:30 in the morning to remind me I didn't have to come into work. Thanks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 845
You deserved it 3 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tomakobriefs 11

My employees will call me at 3am on my day off to ask stupid questions, if it makes you feel better.

Not really that bad of a FML. Just go back to sleep.

Comments

First, second, third, fourth and fifth!

fmlfmlfml15 0

GO. BACK. TO. SLEEP. Your boss didn't do anything wrong except remind you. You still have the day off.

You do know that some people can't go back to sleep after they've been woken up right?

fmlfmlfml15 0

He could still relax; it's not like the boss took his day off away from him. His whole day isn't ruined.

It can be ruined. If it was an abrupt awakening I doubt he'll feel good through the rest of the day. I'm just talking out of my experience however

Reyo 2

That's why I put my phone on silent before going to bed. Oh...what's that?...I missed your call?...**** YOU I WAS SLEEPING!

http://www.fmylife.com/comment/rules gives me a "Page not found" error with a picture of a cat pushing a watermelon. What are the real rules for commenting on FML? I see people getting away with "first" messages all the time, so I thought it's a meme here.

tomakobriefs 11

My employees will call me at 3am on my day off to ask stupid questions, if it makes you feel better.

Lol well you can't complain since your in a leadership position in your work environment, you have to deal with all that :P

The person is not complaining but it's totally acceptable. Why the hell would they call at 3 am? e__e; And to ask stupid questions... I can picture it.

Not really that bad of a FML. Just go back to sleep.

Sun_Kissed18 25

For some people its not that easy. I know that if I get up for any reason, I'm up and nothing will change that

MAYBE IT IS A LANDLINE to all of the people who think this guy deserves it for not turning his phone on silent or off.For the love of god!I don't turn my home phone on silent every day I have a day off!!Do you? ============================== Actually, yeah I do - all the time. That's why my home landline has voice mail. If I don't want to be disturbed, all phones off. Why is that a) such a hard concept to grasp? b) so difficult for people to actually do?

the boss should jst call her the day before wtf is wrong with ppl

#4 I could no problem. On school holidays I would get my Mum to wake me up early just so I could have the pleasure in going back to sleep! I loved it.

That's why phones can be turned off. If you expect to sleep in but leave your phone on and nearby, you deserve it.

lexxi520 0

Umm not all phones can be turned off.Did you ever think it could be a landline?I can't turn my own home phone off.Why would he have thought of that anyway? I really don't get why people always have to think of random reasons to click YDI.

But they can be disconnected from the wall. If I had my first day off in weeks, I would be making darn sure no one could get through to tell me "oh, so and so called in sick, you have to come in after all." ;)

My mother used to do that to me on weekends when I was in college. She would call around 7am. I couldnt fall back to sleep. I would never unplug the phone because what if it was an important call. Like if someone died, or got into an accident.

WTF? Before you try to use some stupid attempt at logic like "what if someone died or got in a car accident?" please consider: 1. How many times were you trying to sleep in and someone called you? and 2. How many of those calls were to notify you of a death or accident? and 3. What the **** could you have done to prevent the accident or death by getting up at that time anyway? When you really think about it, you'll see how stupid your reasoning is. If you want to sleep in, but you leave your phone on within close proximity "in case there's a death or accident", then you deserve to be roused from your sleep by any stupid call. It's the price you pay for taking the chance on that "death or accident" call. And if it's a landline, and you don't want it to ring: either turn off the ringer, or unplug the cord. File this advice under "D" for DUH.

My mother used to do that to me on weekends when I was in college. She would call around 7am. I couldnt fall back to sleep. I would never unplug the phone because what if it was an important call. Like if someone died, or got into an accident. ========================================================== Mine did that too...until I started turning off the ringer and letting the machine pick up. I realized if someone's in the hospital, there's nothing I can do that I couldn't do better if rested, especially since I"m not a doctor. And if somene's dead, they'll still be dead when I wake up.

Reworded and repost. For **** sake how does shit like this go through.

kaittt17 0

Hahahaha your boss is a bitch. Did u not think to turn ur phone on silent !? Or just completely off ?! Duh ! YDI for not turning ur phone off!!!!

try a ******* house phone. cant turn those off you dipshit.

Try ******* leaving it off the hook #24. Before acting all angry and intimidating over the internet, think over your facts. Dipshit :P

So when you quit, get laid off or fired from this job, do you think your boss will call you every day at 6:30 to tell you that you don't have to come in?

lexxi520 0

MAYBE IT IS A LANDLINE to all of the people who think this guy deserves it for not turning his phone on silent or off.For the love of god!I don't turn my home phone on silent every day I have a day off!!Do you?