By are you kidding me? - 16/05/2016 21:24 - United States - Lady Lake

Today, my boss joined me on my vacation, to "make sure I actually went". FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 571
You deserved it 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And what would he do if you didnt go? You took the time off

sohigh10 34

That is some dedication.. why would he even care what you did in your vacation?

Comments

your boss needs to get laid! with a stick up his/ ass!! Lol I'm sorry that happened to you!! wtf I wouldn't have let them come with me!!

There's obviously more to the story run the op is saying.

If you went abroad, steal and lose his passport on the last day. At least you'll get some time off from them, even if it's at work.

Yeah and then OP can get arrested for theft of government property. OP needs to contact HR and do what I did: file a harassment claim. Following somebody on vacation is just wrong and creepy.

This happened to me once. I ended up calling HR and filing a harassment claim. He got fired less than a week later. This guy had this obscenely huge crush on me and I eventually had to file a restraining order (which is still active 3 years later).

Ninjerman 7

I would like to say "you deserved it" because bosses only do that to their hardest working employees. Take a break!

tounces7 27

If I had to take a guess - this isn't so much about the time off, but to make sure OP ACTUALLY takes a vacation, and doesn't simply work right through it. A lot of studies have shown that vacations increase productivity, so people who refuse to ever go on one tend to have their work suffer as a result of it. If the OP's performance was going downhill at work and they were getting stressed out, then I can see why the boss would make sure they were REALLY going to take some time to relax and destress.

You know, I never thought of it that way. You make an excellent point, way to go for thinking outside the box.

I'd be looking for a new job. What you do on your off time is none of your boss's business.

That's insane. pretty sure it counts as stalking.