By OL2R - 17/04/2012 08:29 - United States - Somerville

Today, my best friend texted me saying she is determined to find out what skank her brother is sneaking around with. I've been secretly dating her brother for months; apparently I'm the skank. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 094
You deserved it 39 277

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tali147 16

More than likely, if your friend knew it was you secretly dating her brother, she'd use a better word than "*****"

I don't see why she should care about who her brother is seeing.

Comments

Tali147 16

More than likely, if your friend knew it was you secretly dating her brother, she'd use a better word than "*****"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She obviously doesn't know, otherwise OP would've clarified. She only said "secretly dating" and "determined to find out..." therefore one can only assume she does not know yet.

LoveMay 10

Honestly, OP deserves it for not being straight forward with her friend and telling her first.

Why the heck should she tell her friend? She's not obligated to disclose EVERYTHING that's going on in her life to her friend. Her Boyfriend/ the friends brother can do and date whomever he pleases and so can OP. She does NOT need to ask for permission or even tell her friend if she doesn't want to!!

I don't see why she should care about who her brother is seeing.

I agree. Unless he is calling the new girlfriend a ***** to the family. I would want to know about that.

Do I know you, OP? I live in Mass and know someone doing the same thing. Where exactly do you live OP? WHERE?!?!?

Maybe her brother is embellishing the truth of the relationship. Perhaps OP thinks the girlfriend is something she is not.

Okay, I admit. That was funny, 30. But seriously, this seems familiar

perdix 29

Because he's cheating on her with the "*****." If you can't stay monogamous with your own sister, what good are you?

Don't worry I dated a friend's brother. She was not happy at all when we told her... but she got over it. Just make sure that you explain why you didn't tell her in the first place!

Why are you dating him in secret? What's wrong with straightforward dating without all the cloak-and-dagger stuff? Unless of course he is married or something, in which case perhaps you should re-consider...

Exactly, I think the she'll be more upset with the lies than the actual relationship itself.

DontClickOnMe 28

Well, if she hasn't figured it out by now, I'm sure you don't have much to worry about.

Maybe she meant ***** in a good way...who am i kidding, no she doesnt - seriously though she'll get over it :)

Are you sure that she's your best friend? How come you didn't tell her! I don't see any reason why are you guys sneaking around

TheDrifter 23

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think it's a matter of being nosy, not a jealous sister with unrequited, incestuous feelings for her brother.

Awww, and here I was hoping for a juicy wincest :(

Looks like you need to choose between your best friend and her brother. Dating a friends sibling is always a good way to ruin a friendship. Especially without them knowing about it, odds are you knew it'd upset her so that's why you kept it a secret.

Maybe she knows and is trying to get a confession.