By meggiemouse - 09/07/2011 18:00 - United States

Today, marks the seventh day of having my nose pierced. I'd done everything I was supposed to do, even sleeping with a band-aid over it. This morning, I woke up to my piercing being ripped out by my pillow, and the band-aid nowhere in sight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 776
You deserved it 14 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your pillow has a vendetta out for you. Sleep with one eye, or nostril, open.

simply_improper 1

sounds like youre a violent sleeper

Comments

ydi for wearing a chandelier instead of your average nose stud.

Sounds likely that the bandaid got stuck and ripped it out, from reading other comments it's already been said that bandaids are bad for piercings as they stop the healing, they make it too moist and provoke bacteria growth. All piercings should be left to air out and heal like that, cleaned with salt water etc. Also if it can fall out easily then you may have had it pierced with a gun and ended up with a straight earring-type piercing rather than with a needle and a corkscrew stud. Speaking from personal experience, piercers can be persuasive (especially with younger less experienced people) and do not get any with a gun unless it's your earlobe (still not really recommended) as they just don't heal as well. Just if OP decides to get it redone, these are things to consider :) Also nose piercings are actually done for cultural/religious reasons and are rarely discriminated against, plus it's incredibly easy to get a retainer for any piercing wherever it is.

jowho 0

I've done the same thing!!

ive really wanted a nose ring... now i dont want it as muchh... outch that really sucks OP

Pufferfish78 5

I've had mine for 10 years and never had an issue.

Get a hoop or spiral back stud. I had to repierce mine because I kept loosing it when I washed my face.

I got my nose pierced in September.., that never happened to me... odd?

I did that the first night after getting my nose pierced..... I put it back in(:

I could say ydi for getting a nose ring but then I would be ripped to miniscule pieces by the FML community so instead... CONGRATS! On lasting seven days! :-D